Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May-Gray, June-Gloom, etc, etc, etc...

Raging Wars -Part II will have to wait, since there is not much progress being made. The rain has forced the little tyrants into their hole of a home and left me, for now, alone.

I think the sky could accurately depict my current mood and situation -bored and glum (its 'May-Gray' season here). And here I sit, fully dressed and with a full face of make-up, and no where to go and no one to see. This is how pathetic my life has become. I get ready for the day as though I will actually do something. Josh left Monday morning for Texas and will stay there until Saturday night, and that pretty much sums up all the people I know here.

It isn't as depressing as you might think, considering the few things I have to look forward to. Here is the following list that keeps me only somewhat sane. They are the following:
  • Fruity Pebbles -Does it get any better than that? Really? I didn't think so.
  • My shower every morning/afternoon -This is something I look forward to because it is actually something to do and doesn't involve walking from one end of the casita to the other, which unbelievably, only takes 10 seconds. It makes me feel like a real person.
  • Putting makeup on -This never gets old and I could do it for a living. Now who will hire me without a cosmetology license... No one? Right... sounds like what I'm currently facing with every other job I've applied for.
  • Checking craigslist, yahoohotjobs, and monster -Once I've applied and checked all the latest listings, my day is pretty much at a standstill, waiting for the day to just end!
  • Grocery store -Normally, this would be something I would dread, but with absolutely NOTHING to do, the grocery store gets pretty exciting. Believe me when I say that grocery shopping now involves checking every label.
  • Meal times -What a surprise, eh? Not really, if you even know me at all.
  • When I climb the horse trail up the road to get reception in order to make a phone call to Josh, telling him that the internet is not working. He then gives me some directions, I walk back home, try his instructions, they don't work, and I consider strangling myself before having to climb the horse trail again.
Now for those of you are thinking how thankful you are to not be me, just know that I also would like to not be me right now. That makes two of us. But really, I think once and if I ever get a job, my life will dramatically improve, because you can only wash every single dish in the house, look at every single item of clothing you own, read the last and final book of Harry Potter (the only book I have), and play Guitar Hero, so many times a day (all literal things I have had to do in order to keep myself from going more crazy than I already am).

I was going to post a picture of me looking really sad but I couldn't find the camera. Probably because Josh puts everything 'away' (away: somewhere so obscure and hard to find that no one will ever bother looking for it). Did I mention that I am unbelievably bored? And for anyone wondering why I am not at the beach, did I mention 'May-Gray?' What that means is that so close to the coast, it will remain overcast for the next month. Glorious California, eh? Please don't envy me.

7 comments:

megship said...

If I were you I would just head out to Argentina!! Or come hang out with me here! Honestly though, I don't feel bad for you...I DO envy you! I have lots going on right now that involves a whole lot of poop...literally. I wipe a really huge bum all day and a very tiny bum all day, my two year old and 3 week old. I also listen to constant, "I will punch you in the face if you say that, mom!" That comes from the 4 year old.....man, what I wouldn't do to sit around all day.....Don't worry, Court, it will get better!

jarv said...

2 items of business. 1 if Josh is gone maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to go find you a real nice hula hoop and join the hippies. It would do you good to make some new friends. 2. You are in huge trouble, you think just because you're not my roommate you don't have to call or write or tell me that you have a blog! Unacceptable! You will be on my black list for approximately 3 days.

Natalie Scott said...

WHY is "calling your oldest, smartest, prettiest, best oldest sister" not on that list?? You call me and let's chat about this current situation...I'm sure it's tough. For what it's worth, it sounds glorious to me right now. Why can't there just be BALANCE in life??

I wish you could've come out with Josh. I'dve loved having you around to hang out and make fun of Brin with. Also, we're thinking of making the trip to Argentina in June, so it's in our best interest if you do NOT find a job yet :)

cameo said...

Hmm, are you saying that you take back everything you said about Encinitas being better than Cancun? I'm thinking Cancun might win now! A few things: I have never had Fruity Pebbles; how is it that you only have one book?; go by The Host by Stephenie Meyer, it came out on Tuesday and is really good, and why did Josh go to Texas instead of you? Weren't you supposed to babysit? (Sorry if that is a sore subject...)

rvasay said...

courtney,
Read! Read! Read! Explore! Explore! Explore! Go look at Tierrasanta and Mira Mesa because if you don't stay where you are they might be good options. I hope you are able to find work because I know you are happiest when you are busy. I love you MOM

Shelli said...

Aren't you incredibly disappointed in yourself for not buying Ransom, Ryder, and Mason? Instead of just borrowing them from me...

They always offer entertainment and company.

I would lend you my books to read, but you are so far away. And Josh will be back tomorrow. SO... he'll entertain you, I'm sure.

Kristyn Elise said...

I have an idea. While you're still jobless and bored outta your mind, why don't you post an online makeup tutorial so the rest of us saps can look as stunning as you!?