Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hurry up, Carsies!


I had two job interviews today, neither of which I would be interested in taking. This may come as a surprise to those of you who I spoke with yesterday, being that I was completely stoked with the first, the animal center. I walked in, started sneezing and with watery eyes, met the supervisor. I sneezed throughout the entire interview as she explained I would have to work weekends and holidays, not be able to handle the animals that often, receive minor compensation in wages, and have a lot of angry people yell at me when I said they would not able to adopt one of our animals. The two things that bothered me with this job was the working of weekends/holidays and the apparent allergy-attack I was having in this woman's chair. I can handle dog fur/dander, but not cat. Cat dander does not suit me, as I'm sure it does not suit many others. So, forget that one!

After I had gotten home, I ran a few worthless errands with Josh. He needed to go to the post office and drop off some soccer balls and I sure had nothing to do so I opted for the drive. It kind of reminded me of when I was little and I was practically incompetent, I was strapped next to my mom's purse, going everywhere she went (the mall to get Orang-Julius, the bank, the grocery store, and anywhere else a mother of 8 goes). So there we were, child and parent going to the post office when I hear Josh hurry the passing cars along. "Hurry up carsies..." No anger, no prior discussion in baby-talk, nothing to prompt this remark. I didn't say anything at the time (Josh will probably read this and give me a crusty look when he realizes what I've done...), but I realized that I have a far larger impact on him than even he realizes. I might just be the most powerful person in the entire world. I have the ability to ingrain myself into people's subconscious, until eventually they are behaving exactly as I would and doing and saying things that I would do and say. The world will be a better place because of it. Imagine. People will stop trying to talk to each other in public places! Seriously. I am on the edge of being anti-social and I really think there would be less crime, hate, bankruptcy, murder, and ugly shoes in this world if people behaved a little less socially and a little more anti. That's all I'm saying, and most likely Josh is saying this too since he is becoming me. As soon as he talks to the flower in front of our house and wishes it a good day every time he leaves and tells the ants that invade our lives that they will all be quickly in their graves and down in hell as soon as the bug guy comes on Friday, then he will be exactly like I am. Lucky him and lucky world. One more Courtney out there only betters mankind...

6 comments:

rvasay said...

courtney,
Didn't Josh used to talk to Minerva when she was laying in wait to attack you guys outside the front door? I think he may have already had the tendendcy. Sorry about the cat
dander-----it might have been a fun job! Love Mom

Steph said...

you simply crack me up? i can't wait for the day he talks to the flowers and ants.......also, call me asap as I need to ask you/tell you something i can't share over the internet....haha

Haylee said...

haha... that is why I love Josh so much. He is man enough to talk to the vehicles like a baby. He is comfortable with that kind of stuff and I appreciate him for that. You are right about you making the world a better place, if one more person tries to pretend we are best friends when I don't even know them... I don't know what I will do. (but you know that deep down I really like that kind of stuff, right?)

cameo said...

Hmm, I am trying to think if I have picked up any of your tendencies...nope, you may not be quite as powerful as you think! Anti-social people have cuter shoes? It's been one whole month since you left...sad.

megship said...

Join the anti-social club. I hate to tell you this, Court, but I think you are becoming...me. You have always thought your sense of humor was yours when really it came directly from me, and now you are becoming anti-social? Oh boy. Now all you need to do is adopt the hoodie as your next of kin and you are me. So really...Josh is becoming...well...me!

Natalie Scott said...

It's so true! Every time I'm with you I start acquiring Courtney-like symptoms, taking on your characteristics and mannerisms. I hate it because I always start to worry I don't have my own identity!

We can never live near each other. You're too contagious!