Friday, September 5, 2008

Thankful for Pazooki...

Here are some pictures of Josh's birthday where we went to a restaurant famous for their Pazookis (not sure how to spell it...). We ate that stupid thing until we felt sick, although being that is how I typically eat, it wasn't so out of the ordinary and while everyone else was complaining, I was sitting there untouched by my bulging stomach. Okay, now that I'm done with that part, I'll copy my sister Britt's thing, and do a 'Things I am Thankful for' list. Here it goes. I hope I can think of more than one:
  • My past as an athlete: I've taken up running again (meaning I've run twice in the past week), and I haven't felt too shabby during or after. I'm pretty sure that is due to having once run before, and my body understands the impending need to alleviate the problem of my stomach actually sitting on my lap. Either way, I'm pleased that my body isn't in total protest of the new nighttime activity.
  • Halloween: I did a little shopping on my lunchbreak with some girls from work, in between the awful backbiting and gossip, of course, and they took me to the coolest store in the whole world. I ended up buying a Halloween decoration or two, and found myself asking the sales clerk when it was moral to start decorating for Halloween. She gave me a dumb look, to which I rolled my eyes and promised not to start until the last week in September. Although, if I technically just don't put the decoration I bought away and it conveniently sits on a shelf posing as a decoration already set up, well then, that isn't technically decorating...
  • The Eddingtons: Despite constantly saying I don't have any friends here, the Eddingtons are my friends (maybe not so much Jeff anymore as he was making fun of how young I was...) and Josh and I are always grateful that we came to live behind them. They are awesome and we will owe our first born to them, literally, since they referred us to our current doctor (no, I'm not pregnant)! Also, although Jeff wanted to bash the hurt crow (we found a crow with a broken wing in their backyard) in the head, he swallowed his killer instincts and put the thing in a box, let it sit in his garage, and even transported it to the animal place, and all because I whined enough. Maybe he can be my friend again...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hat is cute. And your stomach is not sitting in your lap. Stop it or I'll punch you.

rvasay said...

What is that delicious looking thing!!!!!???? Wow it did look good!
Good job on the running----do you run on the beach? That would be cool!
I walk on the treadmill---does that count? I love you MOM

Haylee said...

wow, I did not know that you looked so freakin cute in a hat!! I seriously feel the biggest need right now to get one, even though I know I will not look a quarter as cute as you do. Dang it! you are really lucky to have the bird saver as your friend. I'm glad he did the right thing. I miss you so much!! can't wait to maybe see you soon or at least just feel your presence in Utah. Love you!Oh and just a quick heads up... Becca and some of the other girls on the team think it may be possible for us all to do a lunch with you. I'm just trying to warn you that we might attack you with that.

Natalie Scott said...

I want to go to that lunch that Hailey mentioned.

Dude, that ice cream thingy looks SO SO good!

It's cute how you and Josh match!

Is Josh 28 now? Wow, old.

You do look cute in a hat.

Keep up the running...it will change your life! Or not. I don't know.

I have ADD, did you know?

rvasay said...

I think I should get to go to lunch also because technically I raised each one of you when we went to tournaments.I also think you look cute in the hat . I love you MOM
PS: I will be really mad Haylee if you don't come to see me when I am there!

megship said...

Where have I seen that hat before......Anyway, I am willing to make a trip out to California just to eat that dessert. Seriously. When we come out can we all go there?

Also, your friends are cute! See? You thought you were a loser and now you have proof that you aren't!

As far as the lunch goes.....obviously the lunch will suck if I am not there so I will make arrangements to be there.

Honestly, I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!!!!

cameo said...

Now that is my kind of dessert! And I need one of those hats! Let me know when you are going to be in Utah!!! And, I wish I was that natural at running...sigh.

Annie Gooch said...

Um obviously you guys have all forgot how fun it would be to have lunch with me. I am so there! I love you all!

Josh Robbins said...

Just so everyone knows, that hat is a CALLE hat. I had to make that clear.

Brett said...

I've had a few pizzookies in my day and that one is the biggest I've ever seen. If they managed to cook it without burning the middle, which is what I'm used to, I'm impressed.