Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apology

Josh told me that my last post sounded a lot like, "...a 14 year old in teenage angst." Whatever that means. He said that my blog is a little harsh and that people who don't know me (why are they reading my blog then?) will think I'm an angry (true...), ornery (still true...) cynic (even more true...), who doesn't like the general public (nailed it.). Good. Looks like they know me then after all. Anything else they can learn along the way.

But really, I'm not such a bad and angry person and I think that maybe I should make that more obvious to people who are still deliberating whether or not I would knock their block off if they cross me. Chances are, I won't. For me, my blog is a place where I can let my sarcasm fly, rather than always having to keep it in check. At work, for instance, I can only use it sparingly and curbing my sarcastic urges nearly kills me. So, I create a blog where I can relish in my sarcastic appetites and release the building cynicism that flows from my being, and then Josh tells me to curb that as well. Well, I'll try to be a little less angry and little more bubbly. Apparently that is who he thinks he married, and I would hate to disappoint, although I think he knows better.

Consider this, though. I don't have children to soften the blow of my harsh words or even harsher personality. Someone can say they hate the world and then put up a picture of their two-year old and everyone forgets the words 'hate' and 'world.' I don't have such a luxury. Nor do I have the luxury of posting cutesy pictures and explaining the pictures with sentences like "it was so fun" and "I love everything about everyone." I gag reflexively just pretending to write it. So I'm not a feel-good person. I just want everyone (the three people that read this...) to feel customarily warned that my blog is an exaggeration of my irritations and impatience and that I will do my best to keep the uncomfortable feelings to a minimum. There. That should satisfy the tyrant.

10 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

Funny, I think your blog is EXACTLY you. And that's why I love it! Tell Josh it's YOUR blog, and you are free to write what you'd like. What other people think matters NOT AT ALL. Tell Josh to stop trying to turn you into a happy, nice bubbly person. Though you are still bubbly, and happy too I guess. But we Asays will hold true to our sarcastic natures!!!

cameo said...

Mean, sarcastic, happy, whatever you are, I wish I was more like you!

Shelli said...

I would like to see the kind of things Josh would write on a blog...just to see how different they were than what you post.

Also, the reason I read your blog is because of all everything you listed. So keep up the good work.

Shelli said...

"all everything"... hmmm. There's two mixed thoughts combined to make one nonsensical retarded one.

LOVE YOU!

Anjanette said...

I think your blog is funny.

Josh Robbins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megship said...

Keep the sarcasm coming, Court. Afterall, that is why I like you and don't like many others. I love the Asay sarcasm and am glad there are others like me. Josh......you are too nice to be in the family. Accept it.

Haylee said...

Courtney, in a way, I feel that your blog is a way for me to express my feelings as well. You are able to say things that I just can't bring myself to write, (because I still want people to think I am really sweet and wholesome person that could never have bad thoughts)so in a way, your blog is like a release for me, because as I read it, you are expressing the things that I could not. So I really appreciate you taking one for the team. Josh is a fantastic person though and I can see where he would not want people to get the wrong impression as you are a super funny and usually very nice person to be around. Love ya!!

Brooke said...

Hey Hooker! Found your blog through Jo's. I am so excited that you have a blog. I can never have enough Courtney! I have a feeling it's going to be keeping me entertained! Hope all is well in Cali! Love ya!

Girls Galore said...

My cup runneth over with gratitude for being acknowledged as your friend (an old one, but a friend nonetheless). Seriously, I've known you for 6 whole months and you've never kicked me in the shins or knocked my block off. You may have wanted to, but you've resisted the urge.

Josh, asking Courtney not to be sarcastic would be like asking the sun to stop shining. It's not gonna happen buddy! We love her just the way she is....angry, bitter, anti-social and mean. She makes me laugh, HARD, so I don't think she should change a bit. Besides, she makes darn good cookies and sticks up for injured crows even though they're loud, obnoxious and poo all over the side walk.