Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kyle XY

I thought that I should make some sort of announcement declaring my absolute love for my situation as it currently stands. I was just recently reflecting on how good life can be and I thought that I should throw in a blurp on this blog of optimism and cheer, just to throw off any sneaking suspicions that I was utterly unable to comprehend anything but darkness and despair.

I started figuring my life to be pretty much amazing while after spending an entire day doing an incredible tv marathon with Josh. We have a certain tv series that we have a particular fondness for (none of you will guess it since it is relatively unknown to most persons...), and we dedicated most of our sunday to it. We woke up, watched an episode, hurried to church, came back from church, watched episode after episode after episode, made some waffles, and resumed where we had left off, watching hours more of the Traeger family and their run-ins with Madacorp. We took a break for oreos, and then weighed our options, where we decided our day would be completely wasted if we did not finish Season 2. Each episode is roughly 45 minutes long, and there are 26 episodes in each season... you do the math. We have been dedicating our nights to this show for 2 weeks, but today was the first time where we allocated the entire day. It was time well spent. Every now and again, we would be watching, and look over at each other, and know that we were meant for one another. Josh would smile, I would reach up and give a high-five, and we would stare, glued and perfectly content, to see what new power Kyle would learn. It was magic. We are hooked and deeply in love because of it. We figure that any time we get in a fight, we can just start watching our show and whatever it was that seemed so upsetting will just float away on a complex mathematical cloud (you have to see the show to understand any of this nonsense...).

I thought also I should do for Josh what he cannot do for himself. He would like nothing more to brag all about how we hung out with Danny Ainge and family and talk about how they're BFFs now, but since he does not have a blog and because I have found a recent appreciation for him since we both love the same tv show, I will do it for him. We hung out with Danny Ainge on Friday and Josh sold him and his family 6 pairs of CALLE shorts. I wasn't too impressed since I don't really care about the NBA or anything not to do with my tv show, but I guess this is the part where everyone starts worshiping us because we're basically celebrities now. Seriously. The paparazzi are probably on their way over to try and catch glimpses through our bedroom window of us perched on our bed, computer propped up on pillows, and a bowl of popcorn between the two of us, watching more hours of our show. I can't tell you what show it is, since Josh swore me to secrecy, something about being completely humiliated should anyone find out or something. Anyway, we hung out with ol' Danny boy and I tried the entire time not to blurt out that he should be taller. Either way, we're famous and not just for donut consumption now.

6 comments:

Anjanette said...

seriously. you're not going to tell us what show you're addicted to? ...seriously? If I guess will you say yay or nay?

And...I don't even know who this Danny guy is. Should I? Maybe I'll goggle him.

Anjanette said...

kyle xy? is that the show? I've never even heard of it. it must be good though, right?

Unknown said...

Brett and I watched the first season of Kyle XY when it was on channel five. Yeah it was pretty much addicting but then they changed channels on us and we would have had to subscribe to cable to be able to watch it. Maybe I'll try to get the next season on DVD.

rvasay said...

Ok it cannot be as addictive as 24.
Get a life! HaHa----probably on
Sunday is over the top---I love you guys! MOM

Natalie Scott said...

Never even heard of the show, but sounds like I'd like it. Tell Josh to stop being so self-conscious. We're on to him anyway. It's best to just come clean.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying such things while they last!!

megship said...

watching t.v. all day? Sign me up! And I bet I know what show you were watching. Sex and the City. Just come clean, Josh!