Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 Things I Hate about You

I thought everyone should be getting to know me better, so I put together a list of 10 things you might not know about me.
  1. I keep a book in my purse most of the time.
  2. I have an intense fear of being disappointed, so I train myself to not plan on things happening in my favor. That way, when it doesn't happen, I'm not disappointed. Some might say I'm a 'glass half-full' kind of gal. I don't really see it that way.
  3. I'm an incredible saver. I seriously love everything expensive, but I am a very responsible buyer and rarely buy needlessly and never impulsively.
  4. I have my dream house mapped out exactly in my head. I know exactly what it will look like inside and out. I could draw it out for you right now.
  5. I am incredibly self-conscious about my ears. I hate them. They have absolutely no cartilage and sort of just flop out. Ugh. They're disgusting. I seriously want to get them cosmetically fixed.
  6. I am extraordinarily proud of Josh. Josh and I are not the types to brag about each other to other people, but he is exactly who I want to be someday.
  7. I love the taste of soapy water. The soapier, the better. I used to drink my own bath water. Gross, I know. But I'd do it again if I knew I wouldn't be ridiculed.
  8. My favorite color is sometimes yellow, because thats my mom's favorite color
  9. I sometimes talk like an air headed valley girl unintentionally. 'Like, I totally don't even care what he like says. Thats like, totally bogus. Whatever!'
  10. I am one of the world's best sleepers. I never have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep ever. I can take a nap for 3 hours, wake up for a few, and then fall back asleep for the rest of the night. But when we first moved to California, I hardly slept the first couple of weeks. I learned to appreciate my easy sleeping pattern and feel pity for those of who you have difficulty sleeping. Poor dad... Luckily, I'm back to my old self, sleeping as though I put a full day in. Yeah. Right.

7 comments:

Anjanette said...

You like the taste of soap water? That's weird.

Natalie Scott said...

Yeah, the soapy water thing is gross.

I have the same fear of being disappointed. I hate it so much, I keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised when things work out, not surprised if they don't. It's a great way to look at life, don't you think?

I also have floppy, flimsy ears (thanks mom), but they've never bothered me, except I always wished I could hold a pencil with them like I've seen other people do. It took me a while to figure out why that didn't work for me.

Brett said...

Interesting things to know, especially number 3.

Haylee said...

I am complete opposite when it comes to getting excited for things, I get over excited for thing and get excited even for things that are not that great... like driving 2 hours to Logan for a baby blessing or something, because I pretend it is a road trip. However, you are very right, oft times I do get dissapointed, very dissapointed. I get so high up and am just smashed down on the rocks. But I can't help it, I will instantly get excited when I hear something good is coming. I can't control it.
and soapy water... sick! I might have thrown up a little in my mouth when you said you drank your own bath water. Not only is it soapy, but probably dirty and hot. Yuck. I still love you though. I won't tell Jonny about that.

megship said...

I think your ears are cute! By the way, the dog is gone, so you can be happy now.

cameo said...

So, did this strange love of soapy water stem from getting your mouth cleaned out with soap so often? Ha ha...

rvasay said...

8 and 10 are my favorites! I do remember the soapy water thing--YUK!
I don't think your ears are half
bad either. I love you MOM