Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

I took this idea from Cameo (thanks Cameo!), but I like lists better than paragraphs (who doesn't?), so this works for me.

Ten things to point out on Tuesday:
  1. Scrubs are the epitome of awesome. I always knew doctors were smarter than the rest of us, and by deeming a pair of pajamas as the official 'uniform' for medical providers throughout the world, that just solidified that we, as non-doctors, can never be as smart as them.
  2. I like doing mind-numbing busy work. I took a pile of 300 inactive patient files and erased the name off each one, just so we could reuse the folders. It took me 45 minutes. It was the time of my life. Hey. Any time I get to sit and think about what kind of shampoo I'm going to buy next, is time well spent.
  3. Bloozer (Josh's big blue surfboard) is still 9 feet long and is still sitting in our living room, much to my dismay. Josh had promised that it would be a 'temporary arrangement.' I've yet to see the temporary part.
  4. I was explaining to this girl at work about how I'm really pathetic and have no friends, and she invited me to hang out. I told her I was busy doing something that week with friends but maybe another time. I still can't figure out why I don't have friends here...
  5. I can cook okay, but am completely unable to imitate the way my mom makes cream of wheat (a.k.a. 'cookie soup'). I tried making it again today (I've made an attempt a total of 6 times, never once having it taste like my mom's...), but failed yet again. I ended up trying 2 batches, both of them tasting like dust.
  6. My visiting teaching companion called me today, and said she wanted to meet me and just hang out. I was completely shocked, but even more so when she gave me her address and it was to an apartment complex! Never mind that renting an apartment in that complex costs well over 2 grand a month, she doesn't live in a multi-million dollar home! Hooray for something closer to normalcy!
  7. I realized that yes, I still love The View (I had figured I had hated it after Rosie O'Donnel was on it, but I realized that after watching it this morning, I just hate Rosie; the other ladies will always stay near and dear to my heart). We all have our guilty pleasures, and when I work half-days on Tuesdays, I get to watch The View. I hate to admit that I really like that show, but I do. Long live Elizabeth, Joy, Barbara, Whoopi, and Sherri.
  8. Women forget that they're 70 years old and should forfeit wearing shorts shorter than their bum cheeks, regardless of how much plastic surgery they have had. Unfortunately, these old birds won't accept defeat and recognize that their legs, once smooth and tight, are now lumpy and leathery. Same goes with bikinis. I've seen way too many (just one is too many) ladies well past their prime bikini days, strutting their varicose veins marked with age spots around the beach. Wear a modest one-piece and stay out of your granddaughters' closets!
  9. Spiders have no fear here. Every night I park my car near some bushes and every night spiders take that as an invitation to make webby homes on the exterior. Just like the day before, I drive my car fast on the roads and just like the day before, the spiders cling to some part of the car, watching their night's work get ripped from my car's shell by the gusting wind. I look in their small eyes, and tell them to get a life. They look back in mine, and tell me that they are. Mine.
  10. I am 'one of those people,' as Josh likes to put it. I am a person, dictated by my tv shows. To my credit, I only have one show and that is The Bachelorette. Well, Josh forced me into going to a ward FHE thing (not my kind of thing. Any gathering of ward members outside of church tends to not be my kind of thing... I'm obviously way too cool for that.), and I made him and the other family we went with leave early so that I could catch my show. Never mind that I sacrificed the first 1/2 hour, Josh still complained about having to go home to watch a 'stupid tv show that I should probably not be watching anyway.'
p.s. I realize that my blog template is by far the world's ugliest blog template, but that just makes me like it more for it's unique ugliness. I'm really artsy.

7 comments:

megship said...

Careful, Court....you seem to like wearing pjs during the day way too much. You are becoming much like someone I know who, the second she walks in the door, strips down to nothing and immediately puts on pajamas. The UPS guy seems somewhat alarmed when he sees me...whoops! I exposed myself! Anyway, I agree with the old lady comment.....gross.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you're not alone. I wore pajamas to school today. Good thing I'm the only one in my class.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and how do you feel about Jesse STILL being on The Bachelorette? He was okay at first but seriously. Jesse!? Really?

Natalie Scott said...

Aack! I agree Beez! What's with Jesse? I mean he's a cool guy, but I see no chemistry or connection between the two of them. I don't know if I can watch anymore now since she voted off Graham. I think she needed to give him a chance OFF-screen (sorry he didn't want to bear his soul in front of a bunch of cameras!). They had the most chemistry, and as for the other two cheeseballs, well, just that. Cheeseballs.

Yeah, I'm pathetic too.

3 key ingredients mark the success of cookie soup (which my kids LOVE). Real butter, evaporated milk, and plenty of brown sugar. Try, try again!

Stop admitting how anti-social you are...mom's going to go berserk!

rvasay said...

I have to say The Bachlorette is lame lame lame! Who goes on these shows anyway??!!!! LAME girls! I like the idea of pajamas though. I have news for you Cork young girls don't look that good in bikinis either. Long live one piece swimsuits! I love you MOM

Brett said...

Courtney, I have to say that cookie soup is truly tasty, though I'm not sure about the Bachelorette, I mean who watches these shows, other than my sisters. You should stick to classy shows like farmer wants a wife where girls are eliminated in the most humiliating ways possible in front of the entire town.

Haylee said...

I admit that I came into the Bachelorette a little late and really started on the one with the four wheelers, so I really could be missing something, but I like Jesse. I was voting for him to stay. I just feel like the other guys are so unnatural when they talk to her like they rehearsed what to say to make her feel trapped into picking them. And Graham didn't say anything at all, but everybody was really upset about him, so I may have missed something big with him.