Sunday, June 8, 2008

ABC tag post

ABC TAG:

A = ADVOCATE FOR: Dogs and all America's Funniest Animals shows.

B = BEST FEATURE: My ultra awesome personality. Seriously. I rule.

C = COULDN'T DO WITHOUT: Didn't I state this earlier? Oreos.

D = DREAMS AND DESIRES: Babies, dogs, house with room for horses. In that order.

E = ESSENTIAL ITEM: My blue brush. It has been in the family for years and so every now and again, when the bristles fall out, I cry a little and rinse it with expensive shampoo.

F= FAVORITE PAST TIME: I love laying on the beach and reading, especially when strangers' children bring me crackers. Happened the last time I was there. It was awesome.

G = GOOD AT: Doing absolutely nothing and feeling great about it. Some people feel guilt, I feel gratification.

H = HAVE NEVER TRIED: Umm... a lot of things? Obviously. But to humor the ABC tag god, I'll say that I've never tried surfing or anything else to do with Bloozer (the name of Josh's surfboard. His full name is Bloozer the Big Blue Surfboard), although I did kick him yesterday. Josh got mad and put Bloozer back in his shrine in our living room. Yes, a 9 foot surfboard sits in our living room.

I = IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: Buy a house and two Akitas and 4 horses and have a little ranch thing going. I would also leave Bloozer in a desert. You need money to travel and I would spend some on traveling to the desert to abandon Bloozer. I kicked him.

J = JUNKIE FOR: Anything at all to do with sweet and sugar. I pound ice cream like it isn't full of calories and fat and like I have a 12-year old boy's metabolism (i.e. Haylee).

K = KINDRED SPIRIT: I dunno. I suppose Josh, since we felt we had known each other forever since the getgo. We aren't particularly alike, but we are kin and both have spirits, so we're kindred spirits.

L = LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Josh is afraid of crabs. Seriously. He gets freaked out by them and thinks they look like spiders, although he isn't afraid of spiders. It all started when we were in Mexico and I saw the horrified look on his face as he stared, helpless but mesmerized, by the tiny crabs flooding the rocky shore. He nearly vomited.

M = MEMORABLE MOMENT: Hiding Otis, our dachshund, in my bed and under the covers, trying to keep him alive and safe from my dad. He was going to kill him ("I'm going to kill that damn dog!") because he had bitten my sister's friend in the face. Maybe Laurel shouldn't have stuck her face within inches of his...

N = NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Out-eat my husband in waffles, or anthing else. Unfortunately, this isn't uncommon. Well, I'll try not to.

O = OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: What constitutes 'occasional'? Because I occasionally eat ice cream every night. I occasionally finish a book the day I start it. I occasionally fantasize about my future dog names (thats right. Not baby names. Dog names. I even have a list for horses).

Q = QUOTE: "Save a piece of that a corn for me!"

R = REASON TO SMILE: August 2 is nearing every day. If you don't know why that date is significant, stop reading. We aren't friends.

S = SORRY ABOUT: Not having the motivation to run. If I eat as much as I claim to, which I do, I should obviously be exercising. Not the case. Sorry about that.

T = TAG SOME FRIENDS: Haystack, Cameo, BAV.

U = UNINTERESTED IN: Anything not fun or anything Josh tells me I should or need to do. Yawn.

V = VERY SCARED OF: Nothing! I am fearless. Well, I guess I'm sort of afraid of not having kids and having to have some kind of real career. Freaky.

W = WORST HABIT: Waiting to do things 'later' ('later' means never.) Josh will agree.

X = X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: Anywhere tropical and beachical. Beachical means any place with white sand and water and lots of leisure time to do nothing.

Y = YESTERYEAR DECADE OF CHOICE: I think I fit where I am, but I always thought the late 1800's and early 1900's might be sort of fun. I love the clothes. But since I don't have the most feminine disposition, I guess I wouldn't fit in. I'd probably get stoned or put in the stocks or whatever it is they do with unfeminine women.

Z = ZODIAC SIGN: Picses

13 comments:

Josh Robbins said...

August 2nd can't come soon enough...I'm on the same page as you Court.

rvasay said...

I am sorry to say I do not know what August 2 is----should I? You can not disown me I am your MOM and I love you! MOM

Shelli said...

Wait... why is Josh so excited about August 2? I like your reason to smile better than mine. Your poor MOM, she doesn't even understand the glory of what comes in 53 days, 14 hours, and 3 minutes...with the seconds clicking down every...well, second.

Also, I'm pretty sure they had gotten rid of the stocks by the 1800s. That was more of a medieval thing. If you were unfeminine and rich, they would have called you eccentric. If you were poor, they would have locked you up in the loony bin or shunned you from society.

Katie said...

Obviously Josh can't wait either because then Courtney will stop talking about how excited she is and how she can't wait. Plus then she will be too busy reading to bother him. Ryan is also excited.

Also, I'm really mad you didn't tag me. I never in a million years would have wanted to do this thing cause I just can't come up with stuff as funny as this, but I'm still mad you didn't tag me. Jerk!

Katie said...

Disregard last paragraph of last comment. Read Shelli's most recent comment for details.

rvasay said...

I think I know now what August 2 is.
Is it the date that the 4th Twilight,
vampire book comes out? Thought so-well I am on Jacob's side because I would rather be warm than cold all the time. Long live Jacob---oh do werewolves live forever also?! I love you MOM

cameo said...

August 2nd...can't come soon enough. I just need to tell you that I absolutely love it when you post, because I laugh out loud every time, and every time I am at work (who can work 8 STRAIGHT hours?) which is when I really need a laugh, and I probably look like an idiot laughing out loud...eh, whatev. Hope your first day at work went well!

Natalie Scott said...

I know you only posted that picture of you with the tiny burrito because you're so proud of how dainty your neck looks! And Josh? I expect pictures once you've made some progress on that board.

August 2nd, yes, it is coming soon, very soon. But not soon enough!

megship said...

Not feminine??? You kidding me? What does that make your tom-boy sister? I am a dude! Anyway, I am on Edwards side. Who wants to be with a dog? Not me.....well...maybe. Did I mention Tucker pooped on the potty today????!!!! Woo hoo!!!! Yeah!!!! Alright!!!! Word to your mother!!!! Sorry.

Haylee said...

Congrats, Megship, I knew he could do it.
Um... and I would also like to say I am on Eward's side. As much as I love Jacob... I think that it would be enough for me just to have him as a good friend to warm me up when my true love couldn't. Anyway... he can build a fire, they will be fine.
and court, I can't believe you hate bloozer. I am already starting to feel some affection for him and I don't even know him. Tell Josh I think it is totally Narly!

Betsy Lee said...

Yay for August 2nd!!! ;) Hey, I didn't know you were so into horses! Well... I don't know a lot about you these days, so I guess it shouldn't come to a surprise to me. *blush* But horses are on my list too!

Lizzie. said...

Hey Courtney! Haven't seen you since Betsy's bridal shower. How are you? I hope things are well. Cute blog!
Let me know what's new, of course I will keep reading about it on your blog.

Haylee said...

Courtney, My mom wanted to make a comment on one of your blogs but she couldn't. Can you help her with that or does she need a blog of her own? Well if you want, her email is carlacuth@gmail.com.
Love you courty poops.