Friday, June 13, 2008

High School Dazzle

Thanks Britt, who put this on her blog. I couldn't help myself from taking it and filling it in myself, since I absolutely loved high school. Oh the nostalgia...

- What high school did you go to? Mountain View High baby!
- What was your school mascot? Bruin
- What were your school colors? Maroon and Gold
- Did you have school spirit? Not sure. I guess I probably did...
- Did you drive to school or ride the bus? Drove or was driven. Annie or Brittany drove the sophomore year, I drove myself junior and senior.
- What kind of car did you drive? I drove and crashed my sister's 97 Subaru Legacy some of sophomore and junior year, but then switched over to my Goose, a 2002 Honda Civic.
- Did you ever skip? Of course. Who didn't?
- If so, where did you go on skip days? I usually went to my boyfriend's house (sorry mom), but sometimes I would go to lunch with someone somewhere.
- Ever have detention? Yes, but only in Elementary school.
- For what? I'm pretty much convinced that every kid goes through a 'mean' stage. I was a complete brat to the 'uncool' kids (were there even 'cool' kids when you're 8? Apparently I thought so...) in elementary, but luckily grew out of it (I did!). Anyway, I got detention when I was throwing snow balls (probably directed at someone I didn't like and wanted to bully. Seriously. I cringe thinking back on how cruel and mean I was...I was a bully).
- What did you think of freshman year? It was way fun, because 9th grade is still considered junior high where I went, and I got to do high school things when I was in 9th grade (i.e. go to seminary (big whoop), play on the high school soccer team, etc.). I thought I was da bomb. That was also the year I stopped pretending to be a tom-boy and really gave in to my inner roxy. Don't know what that means? Ask my sisters...
- Was lunchtime fun? Sure. Another chance for me to go out with my boyfriend (sorry mom again).
- Did you normally eat school lunch or bag lunch? From the time I was in high school, I have never eaten a school lunch. I am obviously way too cool for that.
- Were you ever part of a food fight? No. Too cool, remember?
- Did you attend the pep rallies? I didn't really care about those. I would go if we had to, but always tried to skip them.
- Did you have a crush on anyone? Sure I did. I was a teenager, remember? Now its not so much as on anyone, but on anyoneS...
- Were you bullied by anyone? No, and I really despise anyone who did bully. Besides me when I was in elementary school. I'm sure I was justified in doing that. Not really. I will pay for that...
- Did you play any sports? Soccer. I did track in 9th grade, but gave it up when I realized that running for fun is not really fun at all.
- Did you go to all the football games? Sometimes. Not usually though. I was friends with student council people and it was fun when they were there because they were so enthusiastic (hence the reason for being on student council...). They made it fun, even though you didn't care what the result was.
- Were you friends with the cheerleaders? Yes. They tried to teach me some moves and I honestly considered trying to do cheer and soccer my senior year. Yeah. I honestly just admitted to that. Haylee was going to do it too! We are both lame.
- Were you considered popular? I think everyone probably considers themselves popular...
- Did you run for Homecoming or Prom King/Queen? Do you run for those things? I was nominated for both, but didn't break out of the top 6 either time. *sigh* I kept living though.
- Did you win any awards or superlatives? I got state MVP senior and junior year, First team All-state sophomore year, Gatorade player of the year for Utah senior year, Academic Allstate senior year... yes. Everything was because of soccer and nothing actually related to school. I was a jock and apparently not that bright of one.
-Where you involved in any clubs? No. Were there clubs?
- What was your favorite subject? The PE one that you got to do all sorts of crazy sports. I had it with Joey Bye, and thats one of the times we went through our flirtation spells. Ahh... I miss flirting.
- Who was your favorite teacher? Coach Gustin because he taught that weird PE class and Mrs. Gessle because she was so rude to everyone.
- Who was your least favorite teacher? Mr. Jones! He was so frustrating. I would wind up the class to open rebellion, and he would get mad at me afterwards! He didn't think it was cute or charming. Imagine!
- Who did you hang out with? Oh, I dunno. People of all types, but mostly my boyfriend and his friends, or Haylee and Annie.
- Were you part of a clique? Not really; I was friends with a lot of the different groups. Our high school wasn't that cliquey really.
- Did you hang out with mostly guys or girls? Guys. I was a huge flirt. Josh made me stop though. He sat me down and explained everything. That was the day I lost my personality and became boring.
- Was there anyone you absolutely could not stand? Yes. They will remain nameless.
- Who were you dating? Ugh. I will not admit to that either.
- What year did you graduate? 2003
- Did you drink? No
- Did you smoke? No
- Aside from school, what were your weekends or evenings like? Hanging out with boyfriends, friends, the normal stuff that people do on weekends when they're in high school, minus all the wild partying (you're welcome mom).
- What is one of the best memories you have of high school? My senior year Homecoming was the funnest dance I had ever been to and set the tone for my senior year. It was the best ever. I went with someone I liked, we went 4-wheeling, I liked my hair a lot, and everything was just comfortable. That dance started the next year of dating for us.
- Do you miss being in high school? Oh yeah. Aside from not having any real responsibility, it was fun to date and play high school soccer. Life was so simple back then...
- Did you ever fail a class or grade? No.
- What grade was the most fun? Senior year. I loved it. I loved my boyfriend and my friends, and my soccer year that year.
- If you could, would you do it all again? I would, but I don't hang on to high school as the highlight of my life. Thats just sad. There are bigger and better things to do in life, than high school. I loved it while I was there and miss the fun, but I don't dwell on it and try to relive the glory days. My glory days are now, where I sit in sweats all day on Fridays because my job is only mon-thurs. If that isn't glorious and worth bragging about, then I don't know what is.

5 comments:

Josh Robbins said...

I can't wait for someone to send me one of these highschool surveys. It's been awhile since I've talked about all my old girlfriend and would love to write a lot about that.

Haylee said...

Josh... do you even have a blog to write it on? Well, you can't blame Courtney for being so "popular" with the boys.... that's probably what captured you as well.
GO BRUINS!!!

cameo said...

I miss you!

Natalie Scott said...

High school, it was fun wasn't it? Nothing about this survey surprised me. Please stop making Josh feel jealous and threatened would you?

It was fun, but I'd never go back in a million years.

megship said...

I vividly remember making you promise to never become a roxy. You promised....liar. Ahhhh..the art of flirting......we Asay gals are pretty dang good at it. All you guys are suckers!!!! Josh, tell Court to stick it!