Tuesday, December 2, 2008

one good, one bad, and one awful

Three things have happened to me this week. One good, one bad, and one being the worst possible thing to have ever happened to a living organism. Uh hum.

The good thing that has happened is that moths have finally come to the same conclusion I have. They are disgusting little smut bugs and they should all die. I walked into the bathroom and what did I see? A nasty little dead moth peeking at me! (Spring had brought me such a nice surprise, blossoms popping right before my eyes...) Man. If you could have heard the cheers! I was elated to discover that no one had actually put the vile thing in there, he just recognized his own wickedness and plunged into his watery grave. Excellent. I cannot truly describe how happy I was to find his limp form, floating on the toilet water, but I assure you it rivals only to how I feel about puppies. Pure ecstasy.

The bad thing that happened this week was when I was making an omelet and Josh asked me to make him one too. I cringed, but bit the bullet. I made a delicious ham and spinach omelet, with cheese and onions and salt and pepper and deliciousness, all scrambled together in some deliciously clever manner. Well, Josh takes one bite and says, "This is disgusting. You know I hate wilted lettuce!" First off, it's spinach and it isn't wilted, it's cooked. Second off, you can go *$%# 0$@%** in the &!!@ for all *&#$! Nobody asked you to eat my wilted lettuce omelet! I was mad and will continue to be mad for eternity.

The worst possible thing to happen actually took place last week. As I mentioned before, I went to another family's Thanksgiving. Everything went fine until we were rounding up to go (hours before the other people; yes, I'm a true Asay). I had made green bean casserole and was going to pick up my leftovers and dish, when I realized I was missing one. Not the dish, but the casserole itself! Now, I did in fact look for my leftovers, and actually found them all tucked away in someone else's tubberware in the fridge. I sat there, staring at my leftovers in their fridge, debating whether to just take them or to actually make some kind of scene, with lots of hand gestures and lots of shrieking and lots of blaming on whoever put weird fruit things in the stuffing... I decided to avoid the stuffing fight in the kitchen (seriously though. Who puts dried fruit junk in stuffing? That's just wrong.), and was ready to just take the food and run when one of the sisters asked me to help her with something. Uh huh. Likely story. She saw what was going to happen and nipped it in the bud. She wanted my green bean casserole! Ah! Dammit.

This wouldn't be such a tragedy if I didn't honestly hate cooking so much. I really hate it. There is nothing I like less than cooking (except moths, of course. But they seem to be less disgusting ever since they started killing themselves. I like dead ones way better than live ones...). So when I took the 30 minutes to prepare and cook the casserole, I was hoping for leftovers so that I could avoid making anything for the next 8 days (I only cook once every 8 days. Josh knows the rules. That's why he ate his wilted lettuce omelet anyways. He knew it was that or cereal).

Ahh! Josh just told me that he found the moth dead on the window sill and threw it in the toilet. I hate this week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are seriously weird about moths. you have a freaky moth complex. that story about josh and the wilted lettuce made me laugh my head off too. that's totally amazing.

cameo said...

You are seriously the funniest person! But who keeps other people's leftovers? But think of it this way, did you REALLY want to eat GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE for the next 8 days? We are in Cali for Christmas, but about 8 hours away..... :(

Jesse and Kimmie said...

i can't tell you how happy reading your blog makes me. i seriously get way too excited when i see that you have updated it. I know that I will be laughing for at least 10 minutes after reading it :) you have yet to disappoint me courtney. i seriously think you could write a comedy skit and it everyone would love it. even if they didn't, i would and that's all that matters ;) keep em coming!

rvasay said...

Remember when you made rolls and you posted it-----I think you probably like to cook sometimes and you are good at it. It is tiresome though I will admit! I love you MOM
PS:The moths have mothers too.

megship said...

Oh my funniness. I have decided you and I should just live together. You remind me exactly of someone pretty spectacular....me! I also hate when Ty asks me to make him something. I also despise cooking with an undescribable hatred. I also had my BROWNIES stollen after I had brought them to a dinner. In fact, I made homemade rolls for Thanksgiving dinner at my in laws and everyone got bags and started taking the rolls and putting them in them to take home. Uh. Pretty sure I MADE THEM DAMMIT! I also love to say DAMMIT. I love you.

Matt Asay said...

Why do I have to listen to your copyright-infringing music when I visit your site? Seriously, when I want to listen to Weezer, I launch iTunes.

As for moths, ask my kids. It's the one thing in life that I fear. Moths and spiders.

Haylee said...

um... moths are disgusting and will kill you if they can by flying and hiding in your ears... happened to a girl I know, she didn't die though. And I was thinking of the brownie story while reading... so funny. "Don't you think it is weird that we came with brownies, and we are leaving with none?" haha...anyway... miss you so much and love you!!

Natalie Scott said...

Oh my. I HATE when people take my food. Hate it hate it hate it. I could eat green bean casserole for days after with peace and joy. I love leftovers. mmmm.

I have never had an encounter with a moth, but I think I'd prefer them over huge spiders (with their babies on their backs), scorpians, rattlesnakes and red fire ants.

This is Nat, by the way. Argentina is pretty cool.

The Days said...
This comment has been removed by the author.