Wednesday, December 17, 2008

4 for me and 0 for anyone else

My friend just brought over 4 bread sticks. I looked them over, and immediately decided to eat one, but leave myself the option of eating two. I ate the one, and then had the second down my throat before the first one was completely chewed. I didn't feel too guilty since I had already pre-determinedly the likelihood of me eating only one was next to zero. I looked at the third, and ate that one too. Never mind there being 4, 2 for me and 2 for Josh, he technically doesn't even know the bread sticks ever existed. Now there's one minuscule bread stick sitting on a lonely plate, staring at me, willing me to eat him. He's scared now that's he's alone and asks only that I take him where I've taken the others. I can hardly refuse a scared bread stick his last wish, and so I offer him the safety of my fat rolls. Enjoy the ride, little buddy. But I might as well save you the trip and just tape you to my thigh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the bread stick consumption Court. Let us know how that fourth works out for ya!

Natalie Scott said...

That's the advantage of having a husband who cares little for food. I could eat all 4 and he wouldn't even care! My saddlebags do, however, but that's why I run run run.

Jesse and Kimmie said...

my posts are NOTHING compared to yours. I've got a cute baby sure....but you've got the humor that makes everyone anxiously waiting for your next post. you are fantastic!

megship said...

I am so proud of you for eating all four. Sometimes I get concerned about my siblings living afar. I worry thinking they might change into non-pigs and yet here you are showing me you still eat as much as 2 adult men. I cannot wait for us to eat together.....Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvasay said...

go ahead and eat it----you know you want the whole thing! I love you MOM

Brett said...

If Josh ate all four would that be a deal breaker?

LaLa said...

My bad! Next time I'll bring eight. Sorry. Glad you liked em! And sorry there was nothing else to go with them.

Haylee said...

someone please bring me breadsticks, I would love to eat the whole lot of them. mmmmm.... breadsticks...