Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! I love a holiday that supports gluttony and overeating! But it is definitely a time to reflect and consider all the things that you're thankful for. Currently, I'm in a foul mood and so my list is superficial and short. In fact, only pumpkin pie comes to mind, but I'm sure once I calm down, other things will come to mind.

I guess I can also add that I'm thankful for people who are willing to take in the strays during holiday season. We are not going home for Thanksgiving and so our good and kind friends invited us over for the feast. At first I was reluctant to attend a Thanksgiving dinner with someone else's family, being that I usually prefer solitude to large groups of unfamiliar people, but I opted to shy away from my natural tendencies and to join the other people's family. We'll see how it goes. I wonder if their brothers will each eat a dozen rolls by themselves. I wonder if the words, "Dammit Vicky" will be heard at any point throughout the night. And I also wonder if people will be going for dessert 10 minutes after the dinner began. Not because they are too eager to wait and finish their dinner, but because they already finished their dinner. We'll see. It should be fun.

6 comments:

Jesse and Kimmie said...

I wanted to commend you on getting out of your element. Being around big groups of people that are unfamiliar would be rough. Not for me but I'm some :) I must say I was surprised when you said that because I've always considered you a social bug. Shows how much I REALLY know about you. Anyway, i'm expecting another post detailing your adventures. HAppy Thanksgiving!

Natalie Scott said...

Hope the food was good, Court. I missed my family today...especially YOU! :o)

megship said...

I wish you were here, Court. I can't tell you how much I miss you! I am really proud of you for going willingly to someone else's feast. You probably pretended that you don't eat a lot huh? Yeah, I would do that too.

rvasay said...

I missed all of you today but I am glad you have friends to take you in.
How were the motorcycles? I love you MOM

Shelli said...

Thanksgiving away from home is never the same as being with the family. I hope you got your pumpkin pie... I did not. :(

However, Thanksgiving in California is probably second best - especially if surrounded by a surrogate family.

Haylee said...

I decided this thanksgiving that I don't really love turkey.. unless it is on a roll with gravy and maybe some cheese