Friday, December 12, 2008

No Christmas card this year...

Josh has been asking me if we're going to do a Christmas card this year. I looked at him, and asked, "Why?" We don't have kids, we don't have pets, we don't own any living thing to acknowledge (minus my poinsettia, although it seems to be dying ever since I broke branches off and tried to tape them back on, so that will be cut off the list soon. Poor Pickles the Poinsettia...). I guess I could tell people what we did this year, though. We moved to California. There. Christmas card done! Plus, I wouldn't send a picture card since it would just be me and Josh and maybe Pickles, depending on how much longer he can withstand my black thumb, and that would just be dumb. I hate when couples do Christmas cards. They already did an engagement announcement, we don't want to see more pictures of them gazing at each other, smooching, or doing any other 'casual' poses while frolicking in wheat fields, snuggling up in a snow bank, or crouching with arms wrapped around each other over a train track. I hate couple Christmas cards. Maybe that has something to do with me hating most things. Can't be sure. All I know is that I won't be doing any Christmas cards until my first kid is graduating from something worthwhile. Like preschool. But if you are one of those couples, send me a card. I like hanging them on my fridge and making fun of them. See how cool I am?

5 comments:

megship said...

Oh I soooooo agree! I love you! I cannot wait to see you in a week! I told the boys and they were soooooo excited. They asked if you were gonna play with them and I said yes, so watch out!

Shelli said...

I was going to send you a Christmas card with just me sitting on a train track... with a train coming. But now that I know that you hate them so much, no way. You are SO not getting a Christmas card.

How I miss you...

Matt Asay said...

You could have written 10 Christmas letters in the time it took to write one blog post about not writing Christmas letters/cards....

I would have liked to have read the non-existent Christmas card. Make Josh write it. We suspect he's running drugs between California and Tijuana.

rvasay said...

I will admit I was waiting for a card from the two of you----less to read hahaha! I love you MOM

Haylee said...

great, now Jon and I are going to have to throw away the hundreds of pictures we just printed to send out. Haha. I just playin... we didn't. I did think about it for like a sec though, so that we wouldn't have to make treats or get actual gifts for people. but you are right, it is just like another engagement pic. I can't wait to see you either, if I even get to.