Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cookies


This is me making sugar cookies while holding the Cheddar Chet (I just made that up; I amaze myself). I am both domestic and nurturing. Be impressed. Yes. He fell asleep within 3 minutes of being in this position. I, however, did not.
I've been looking at pictures of Rip, comparing the likeness/dislikeness (I'm aware it isn't a word... back off know-it-all) of the two boys, and I've ultimately decided that 1) They actually sort of look alike 2) Chet has way more hair at this stage than Rip did (not very hard to do... ) and 3) For some reason my kids look shocked and frightened by the world around them. Rip still carries that expression. I'm sort of hoping that Chet will not follow suit.

Oh, and Rip was at least 90 lbs fatter than Chet. Chet isn't scrawny, but he isn't a buddah baby. Rip was a fatso. I do love me some fat babies.

Chet is the first picture and Rip the second. Rip doesn't look that fat in the picture, but keep in mind that this was him at 6 weeks and he was always 90th percentile in both height and weight until 6 months.
And for your viewing pleasure, a quick peek of what we do all day. Well, not all day or I would be skinnier. But rare is the day without some form of Chet attacking Rip. With my help of course.

And please excuse both my love handles and my 'undies.' Apparently it's too confusing for Josh to mention that half my bum is hanging out of my pants. Either that or my bum is always hanging out of my pants and so this is the 'norm' while anything else would be confusing. Can't be sure. Too confused.

15 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

Um, I just want to know if you were making those cookies for Valentine's day, and if so, why aren't they HEARTS? What's with the circles and little men?

As babies the boys do look alike, but different too. Hmmm, imagine. Brothers that look a little bit alike but also different. But equally cute. Crazy!

I just want you to know that when Brin saw this video he said, "wow, Rip pretty much walks almost as good as me now!" Good job Rip...aim high!

Angie said...

Youare so domestic and nurturing! Look at you, rolling dough with the baby strapped to you! But seriously, I am impressed. I will probably be totally useless when I have an infant.

Jamie and Lauren said...

I like the blank stare. They wear it well. I saw you at Cafe Rio last night. You walked in, then turned around and walked back out before I could even say hi. I hope you found somewhere equally as delicious to eat at.

rvasay said...

Courtney they do look like brothers!
You are right Rip was heavier but Chet is really cute too! Love them

Jesse and Kimmie said...

Favorite part of the video was you saying, "Ok Rip one more time b/c Mommy's back hurts." :) You lasted a lot longer than I would have! Well done!

Brooke said...

I swear I could chase bindi around the house all day and she would love it. However I get worn out fast so that doesn't last long. Maybe I'll bring her down to your house so you can chase her. Plus you make good sound effects.

M said...

Loved the video with Rip getting in those giggle-sprints!

Alyssa/Jo said...

You give in way too easy. I heard you say "one more" and then you did one more and then you said "last one." How can a kid grow up with these inconsistencies? No wonder your children look afraid of the world - it's never consistent. Get it together Court!

The Fab Fabian Life said...

dude how are you so flippin ambitious??? Knock it off you are making me feel like a horrible mother!!

Steve said...

you're freaking making valentine's day cookies?!?! i am lucky if i get out of my PJs every day.

apparently our boys are similar. vinny thinks its awesome to sleep all day and stay awake all night. no matter how hard i try to keep him up during the day- it is useless.

i was laughing so hard about your "cracker" comment. that is too funny. jayne is crazy!!!!!!

ps. will you make me some sugar cookies sometime? they look AWESOME!

Steve said...

pps. this is dayna by the way... could you imagine steve leaving that comment? hahahaha

PPS. its amazing how much rip and chet really do look similar looking at those pictures next to each other. what stuf muffins. i miss my "dip"py

Steve said...

*stud


my last comment i promise.

Amberlea said...

Pretty sure every time I read your blog, I bust up laughing cuz I can picture exactly how you would be saying all your sarcastic comments! Your little boys are so cute! Miss you guys!

stephanie said...

Now that's pure talent!! Cute blog :)

stephanie
http://stephanieeverswrites.blogspot.com/

Trina said...

Too funny! I love it!