Thursday, March 3, 2011

Boys

First off, I did not do that advertisement thing. In fact, I just noticed it and asked Josh what in the hell it was. Josh said he put it on there, so I take no blame/responsibility for it. FYI.

I have to say though, that I'm getting more and more excited about these two boys. *gasp* There. I said it. But I am. I get even more excited when I come in the room to find Rip laying on top of Chet in his swing and I go to rip him off when I realize that Chet is smiling as big as ever at his older brother. Can't be sure whether this has more to do with the brain damage he just suffered from being suffocated, but either way, if they aren't screaming, I'm not stopping it.

And when Rip is in the bath and Josh  holds Chet in the bath with Rip and Rip can hardly contain his sheer excitement and begins diving all over the bath and thereby drowning Chet, but Chet seems to think this is sort of cool and smiles and tries to watch Rip, that sort of makes me happy about the two boys too.

And even when Rip is trying to shove Chet's binky in his mouth and is convinced that if he pushes it in Chet's eye hard enough, it will eventually make it in his mouth, this makes me happy too. Because Rip doesn't want Chet to cry and has seen me do the same thing (except in his mouth, not his eye), and is really only trying to help his brother, or so I like to believe.

And when I'm nursing Chet while Rip is watching Sesame Street and Chet is straining his little neck to stare at Rip, I like that too. Except I don't really and I usually tell Chet to knock it off. But it's sort of sweet for a second.

The bottom line is I sort of like these boys. Not all the time and usually not during breakfast, lunch, or dinner since Rip is a complete nightmare when it comes to eating and that is usually when Chet decides he is starving as well, but in between the awful feeding times, these boys are pretty cool. Can't wait for Chet to become more conscious and Rip to become less caveman-like (the boy refuses to talk and opts instead to sign random nonsensical things to me. "You ready to go to sleep, Rippy?"   Rippy: Sign for banana. Okay... Yeah. He watches a lot of Signing Times).

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

Haha. Good thing these younger brothers & tough. And, let's face it...if they want to survive they'd better be able to deal with a little WWF style love. Sometimes I wonder if I would act differently if my number 2 were a girl. I hope not. Shoot. Girls gotta be tough too.

Anyway.

Anders does the same thing. We sit down for dinner & he thinks he's suppose to eat too. Meanwhile Jackson is dumping his food from his plate to the nearest bowl (regardless of its contents) & I'm starving, of course.

megship said...

I told you that the best time in my life was when I had those two little boys and nobody talked back to me yet.

I have the best memories of hauling those two little brothers around and they adored each other. It is just gonna get better and better. If not, send them both over here cause I love them both!

Natalie Scott said...

Yes, enjoy them while they're little and don't know what skinny jeans are yet.

Ahem...pictures, maybe slacker? I'm starting to suspect that you've adopted Chet out.

LaLa said...

Hey woman! Happy birthday yesterday! Have you used your 'night out' cards from me and Janette yet?!? I think you should...soon!

When are you moving back to the Casita and why did you ever leave? We could use some babies to love around here.

Glad you are surviving and that you're still YOU....hilarious, sarcastic,and just you. :) We miss you guys tons. Please move back immediately.

Ashley said...

I wouldn't be so quick to be jealous over my boobs that hang to my belly button and a belly that still hangs outs no matter how many crunches you do. But a girl can dream...i mean distort her image to what she hopes it will look like....right? Like on shallow hal....I see myself skinny but everybody else sees the "real" me and gets out of the way...