Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lenny

Someone I know did this on her blog, and I find it to be quite brilliant. Instead of writing paragraph after paragraph of gibberish nonsense, I can use bullet points to summarize my gibberish nonsense. Well done, Marcia. Well done.
  • Rip has begun pulling himself up on stuff, including his crib. He now has decided he would much rather pull himself up on the crib to a stand and watch the door, waiting to be rescued rather than sleep. Goodbye naps (what little there was to begin with...). Your 30 minute holiness will sorely be missed.
  • I'm training for a marathon; yes, I'm a fool. Every morning I get up and pack up chunky Rip and we go running. Well, I go running and he sits in the baby jogger and stares at cars passing, and sometimes tries to touch things we run past. Ahh, little Lenny.
  • Josh is still in Hawaii, having fun, not wanting to punch his own face off (?) listening to Rip not sleeping in the room next door.
  • My upstairs is just about put together. Did I ever mention that we bought a house? Well, we did and the upstairs is about put together. Did I ever mention that we bought a house? Well, we did and the upstairs is about put together. Did I ever mention that we bought a house...
  • Rip has been crawling for 2 months now and his wounded soldier look has become even more exaggerated. As my brother-in-law described it, "He looks like a blown-up soldier climbing out of his foxhole." Well put, Eli. But ever say anything like that about my child again, and I'll rip your face off. Only I can be rude about Lenny.
  • I sometimes call Rip 'Lenny' from the book 'Mice and Men.' In fact, right now he's banging his fat little hand on the wall and laughing. Okay...
  • I have had a bowl of ice cream every night that Josh has been out of town.
  • Since Lenny likes to pull his fat little body up on stuff, especially the bar stools, he has started to collect the battle wounds of babyhood. Bruises, welts, and bleeding mouths, walking is going to be a nightmare.
  • Lenny still crawls after me and clings to my legs, whining. I still resist the urge to drop kick him somewhere else.
  • Lenny is 7 1/2 months old.
  • I'm officially changing Rip's name to Lenny.
  • Once Josh gets back, I've decided to take a few weeks off myself. I'm taking my ice cream-saturated body to a beach somewhere, and I'm going to sleep entire nights without having to get up in the middle of the night to push Rip back down, only to have him laugh and crawl back to the side to pull himself back up.
  • Lenny needs a nap. So do I.

9 comments:

Anjanette said...

I think, given the opportunity, my boy would be friends with your boy. Mine has started to climb. This concerns me. He can climb onto the couch with the help of a few pillows or his Dad's sleeping body (which is foolishly) right next to the couch.

Natalie Scott said...

Ah, cute little Lenny. Come to Texas, bring Lenny and we'll stick him and Sam in the crib together and they can keep each other company all night while we slumber. I'll even ask Sam if he'll kindly pull Rip down when he pulls himself up in the middle of the night. If Rip agrees to pull Sam out of the corner of his crib where his head is smashed. We don't have a beach nearby, but lots of sunny weather!

Ashley said...

Hey where in the crap did you buy a house?

Diane said...

I think we need some pictures of the new house!

Natalie Scott said...

Court! PLEASE COME VISIT ME!!! What can I do to convince you to come? I have TWO baby joggers, we can run together!!!

Brooke said...

Loved the part about resisting to dropkick him somewhere else! We said goodbye to naps long ago. Now I go in to find her chucking her binky across the room. Sleepless nights...awesome. Well, mine aren't going to be getting any better any time soon.

Marcia said...

I can blog-stalk too! Aren't bullets great! I'm might just skip paragraphs all together for the rest of my life.

Haylee said...

I wish rip could come stay at my house for a little while. I just want to hang out with little lenny, I think his army crawl is efficient and unique, kind of like a swagger, he is totally cool!

Frazier Family said...

Nice work on the bullet points. I feel all caught up in your life.