Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pictures -Do you care?

Because I'm such a good mom, Rip had his real first pictures taken. Yes. He's nearly 7 months. I dare you to judge me!

Nothing fancy or artsy, just me, Rip, Target, and the girl with a neon-green thong. Yup. While Rip stared at the picture lady doing her best to make him smile, I had to stare directly at her neon thong covering very little of her tan-even-though-it's-winter-and-it's-your-bum-and-it-should-probably-never-see-actual-light rear end. Anyway, it went fine, other than the fact that Rip was less than smitten by neon thong girl. I mean, this baby generally likes everybody and he spent the first 15 minutes just staring at her like her head was behind the banister at our house (Rip is deathly afraid of the banister that leads to the basement. We don't know why, we just know that when Josh puts his face behind the banister, Rip starts freaking out. This provides the amusement on slow nights). He was completely confused by her neon green thong, I guess. I know I was.

This was his expression most of the time (the only time he would smile was when I would jump out from behind her; I don't think it was a genuine smile, but sheer relief that I hadn't abandoned him to the woman wearing such provocative underwear while shooting pictures of children). It pretty much says it all. Now picture me with the same expression. This is how we were both looking at the woman wearing a neon green thong hanging 2 feet above her pants. *sigh* I do wish the baby had more hair, but considering I probably didn't have hair until I was 10 years old, he's managing quite well. He's going to lose it when he's 25 anyway, so I figure he might as well not get too attached to having hair.

And if I must be honest, I find myself really enjoying this baby. Josh and I always talk about how sorry we feel for our next baby, because we couldn't possibly love another baby as much as we do Rip. Poor next baby.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay seriously, he looks exactly like you. Did Josh help make him? The one of him crying in the tub makes me want to bawl my eyes out. Please remove it.

TheShippenFamily said...

Hi, I am Meghans sister in law, and yes I do stalk your blog. But I am laughing so hard right now, and I have images of green thongs in my head:)

megship said...

Uh, first you don't give me credit for your ticket to the celestial kingdom (your marriage), and now you don't give me credit for telling you you will be a bad mom if you don't get Rip's pics taken?! Come on!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! They are so cute! He is seriously adorable and like Brit said, looks exactly like you.

I am just sitting here in my green thong looking at the pictures...sigh.

rvasay said...

These pictures are adorable! Yes I can see Rip looks more like you. He seems to have "the googles" So cute and can you blame him for staring at the girl-----I mean really! I love you MOM

Haylee said...

awe, rip!! I just always want to squeeze that little guy and keep him safe from the banister. I would be really frightened by josh hiding behind it too!! I wish he would have done his funny screnched face in the pictures. I like the mute button one the best, with the towel on his head.

Alyssa/Jo said...

This kid has some seriously entertaining facial expressions!! I love the one where he is bawling, mostly b/c I can't actually hear him bawling.

Yes, you can get your teeth cleaned for ridiculously low prices like we discussed at the UVU dental hygiene school which I will soon be attending and you should be so proud of me for getting in. Love ya Court!

P.S. I hope your ankle is ok...

Brett said...

The thong is one piece of underwear I'll never understand. Wearing those things more than once is just confusing. I don't think a washing machine could do the cleaning process justice Maybe Meghan can explain?

Rip does look like you, but I think everyone is focusing on the googles and ignoring the giant mouth, an attribute that a couple Asay girls share.

Natalie Scott said...

Ok brett, I'm confused about the giant Asay girl mouth thing. Explain yourself.

Oh my WORD Courtie he is adorable!! Sam cannot wait to hang with his best friend/cousin...just a few more months!

He definitely has your googles but I see a lot of Josh in him too. He's just the cutest thing, and absolutely you will adore your next child every bit as much (if not more...it's hard to not play favorites when one eats/sleeps better than the other, hee hee) as Ripper. ;)

Hmmm, I think I remember YOU owning a neon green thong...

Janette said...

He is precious! I want to hold him!

Dayna said...

Oh my freaking cuteness. Love him!!! Love his "stare". Love his crying photo. Man he is one cute boy. And I really want to witness this josh behind the banister making rip cry thing. Sounds hilarious! There is a video on my phone that makes jayne cry and I think its so cute (steve gets pissed at me every time i do it though).

Anjanette said...

awesome.

that's all.

Anjanette said...

ps. Jackson totally giggled when he saw the pictures. Move to Irvine so they can be friends.

cameo said...

Of course we care! Loved the pictures, especially the one of him crying. So sad but so cute!

LaLa said...

That last picture is CLASSIC RIPPY! Love it! We miss you guys...mostly Rippy, but you guys a little bit.

Dayna said...

courtney- i had the freakiest dream last night that i had to share. i dreamt that you went with my little sister to the dorms to find friends for her and you were gonna be gone until late playing cards with people- so i offered to watch rip. for some reason i left him in a room and totally forgot about him (and felt SO BAD cause i didn't feed him or put him to bed and it was so late) and when i remembered and went back to the room he was running all around wide awake. and after sighing with relief knowing he was alive i instantly though "holy crap! he can run?!?! jayne can't even crawl yet!!!"

may not sound all that interesting... but it was a crazy dream nonetheless.

thats all. good bye.