Thursday, April 8, 2010

SCR -Stomach Content Removal

Several things have been on my mind as of late. Nothing spiritual or awe-inspiring, just the feeble reflections of a simple-minded soul.

First, Rip has taken to throwing up right after he drinks a bottle. No, this isn't spit up. This is throw up. I know this because of the amount of the throw up, the content of the throw up (chunks, anyone?), and the hose-like force of the throw up. It doesn't seem to bother him, he just drinks a bottle, waits a few seconds, and then starts coughing, which if you live in our house, is a clear warning sign of stomach content removal, or SCR, if you will. He is fine before, during, and after, so we figure this is just one of his adorable little quirks (I'm trying to be more positive after going to a party of sorts and realizing that being myself (snarky and sarcastic), wasn't winning me any friends; in fact, I'm pretty sure I was the subject of later discussions, but this will be addressed next).

Next, as mentioned before, I went to a party some time ago and was quickly informed through telling looks and glances, that my attitude is not appreciated everywhere and by everyone. This isn't a huge shock to me, just a gentle reminder that people, particularly the female kind, don't like blunt honesty disguised by sarcasm. After telling some girls about my own experience with having a new baby, I recognized the tell tale signs of shock and horror (so I wanted to get hit by a car? Big deal. Who didn't? And I didn't exactly feel kindly towards the little monster demanding to be nursed every 2 hours? That sound like a lullaby to anyone?). So I made the mistake of opening up too much too soon to those with little or no personality. My mistake.

The third thing going on in my house is Rip being almost 8 months. I've realized I absolutely love this age. From 6 months and on, Rip has been ridiculously fun. A naughty nightmare at times, but fun. He has a personality. Imagine! He moves around like a miniature person (mostly aggravating, but incredibly entertaining as well), and he has a wide range of emotions, versus the cry, smile, sleep cycle he used to be fond of. So really, I've really been enjoying him. It seems easier to take him places, since he's more interested in his surroundings, and I'm not such a slave to his eating/sleeping schedules. Awesome. Maybe if I tell those girls that, they will like me? Probably not since I still don't believe in skinny jeans, and I still won't deny wanting to get hit by a car when Rip was born. Never!

The last thing on my mind, is how I sometimes assume that so long as Rip isn't hanging on my leg and whining, I don't care what he's doing. Not true. After finding him happily chewing on the rag I used to sop up most of his puke, I quickly realized that even I have boundaries. Chewing puke-drenched rags is not okay in my book and neither is Melissa from Biggest Loser. I loath her.

12 comments:

Shelli said...

Will you please come hang out with me and the FTC. I promise you will be accepted with open arms and revered by the membership. We love snarkiness. And I miss you. Ever since you moved (again) to Lehi I never see you.

Brett said...

A fitting end for Melissa I think. Don't worry Courtney, Josh makes up for your crustiness with his niceness.

cameo said...

I sure hope the Parent's Choice formula is what caused the throwing up. And this past week has been extremely hard on me, and as much as I LOVE Logan, I understand. And I will hang out with you anytime, I don't judge. And I loathe Melissa, too. She is horrible. I am so glad they voted her off. She's a witch.

ashli said...

I don't know why all my sisters have these weird self-impressions that they aren't nice, social people. In Meghan's case you can at least blame her delusions on the mountains. You guys are fun, nice, social people. I can introduce you to some not nice/off-putting people, if you'd like: lawyers (with the exception of me and a select few).

megship said...

Ah, court. Welcome to my entire life. I have found that if you just find a few close friends who really KNOW you, then it's just best to stick with them. Nobody seems to appreciate my personality except my family (sometimes) and a few friends.

I hate Melissa. She is poo.

Alyssa/Jo said...

I'm glad Rip is coming into his personality so you have more fun with him. I wonder if my experience with having a baby will be like it was when I was first married. I get looks of horror and shock when I tell people I hated it and wanted out. Not to mention I thought all of you who were married were big fat liars trying to trick me into getting married by telling me it was "the best!" Hmmm. Maybe we are more alike than we think.

P.S. Please run on something other than the road. I worry about your joints.

Anonymous said...

I think your bluntness is refreshing! I think we'd get a long well

Natalie Scott said...

Melissa is the worst woman that ever lived. I felt so vindicated when they sent her fanny home.

I love the biggest loser.

Please cure Rip of his throwing up disease before you come.

rvasay said...

Courtney you and Meghan are quite delightful really! Somethings however are better left unsaid unless you are trying out for Comedian of the year!haha. I love you ! MOM

Haylee said...

You know, I do I always feel like I have to defend your honesty to my friends that blog stock you. It's funny because they are shocked by what you say, but seem to be addicted to find out what you will say next. As for me, I love you for being honest. And I am mentally preparing now for when I have a child and it is not all dreams and bliss, because you know how I feel about my sleep, I will probably feel the same as you. I appreciate the warning!

Kim & Clay said...

Hi you. Why haven't I visited your blog sooner? I am hooked. Let me just say I think you are one of the most funny, fun people I know and I only wish I had your wit. Don't change. And we should hang out.

And I hope it wasn't me who gave you a dirty look because if I did, it was on accident. It's a natural reflex -- what can I say.

Anyway ... later!

Kim & Clay said...

Umm P.S. I am not a huge fan of newborns either. When I hear people say "I wish my baby was still tiny" or "I'm so sad my baby is growing up" I think they are crazy. The newborn stage can be so sucky.