Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow? Why?

We moved back to Utah. For an explanation, please find loaded gun and shoot, either me or yourself, since I can't bare explaining why we moved for the 9 billionth time.

I haven't updated for a long time, being somewhat busy with moving, trying to find a house to buy, and just wanting to do other things besides inform the 5 people who read this of what they already know. So here is the update. We moved, we're still trying to find a house, and Rip still ceases to amaze me with his sheer laziness. He won't roll over because instead of getting frustrated and trying to move his big body, he lays his head down and begins wailing. Fine. When he's 17 years old and I'm still carrying him around in my arms, please do the polite thing and avert your eyes.

We went to our Springville ward (where we're currently renting while we look for a house in the more north, more normal parts of Utah), and let's just say there were some differences from our San Diego ward. If you know what FFA stands for, you're better off than we are. Not knowing that almost got us kicked out. **Please see Future Farmers of America for any questions** I'm not complaining I'm just saying that it's all very different and I'm trying to adjust by saying things like 'folks' and 'rootin' tootin' (no one has said that yet, but I'm pretty sure they're all thinking it...). Anyway, I might just be mad because I tried to take Rip in the baby jogger and suddenly realized that baby joggers are not meant for 3 feet of snow with ice packed on top. In fact, nothing is meant for 3 feet of snow with ice packed on top. Not me, not Rip, not the baby jogger, not nuthin.'

10 comments:

rvasay said...

This is when you take the baby jogger and run or walk fast in the mall. It is warm it is interesting and you will find lots of people who do it in Utah! If I were there I would do it with you! I love you MOM

Ashley said...

I'm so happy you moved back to Utah. We ran into Josh at best buy on black friday. You should move to Lehi and we can be neighbors. I know you would love that!!

Anjanette said...

WHAT? I didn't know you moved. Sad. I was all ready to make our way down to you for a play date.

I'm with you...Boo for snow.

Katie said...

HA!!! I knew you would come to love California. But now we can walk through the mall together in the middle of the day with babies like we dreamed about that one day we skipped out on work and went shopping.

megship said...

Ah...snow. Snow = sweatshirts that hide chub. That is why I love snow. I am meant for it. I never have to try to be skinny again!

Vanessa said...

I was "blog surfing" and came across your blog months ago. (I'm friends with Seth and Mandi Campebll...) Anyways, yes, this is probably creepy for you to hear,especially because you don't know me, but I LOVE reading your blog. You crack me up. Our sons are very close in age, so I get the whole Face-Plant-And-Scream-Because-Im-Too-Lazy-To-Roll-Over thing. And if you've had luck with him sleeping, feel free to post about that because I'm at my wits end. :) Sorry you had to move back to Utah. My husband and I escaped last year, and I could NOT imagine moving back. Ok, enough of me being creepy and blog stalking you... don't be freaked out. I'm (semi) normal.-Vanessa

Janette said...

Courtney, you crack me up, we all miss you so much! xo, janette and my people

Natalie Scott said...

Don't worry, Rip will surely be rolling over by Kindergarten. They all figure it out eventually!

Snow sucks.

Amy said...

BooWho! I am sad you guys moved! But at least I can read your hilarious blog and see pictures of your cute baby. (hint, hint, post more pictures!) And you can always come back and visit. All those huge houses from your last ward are just dying for visitors! :) We'll be in Utah the week after Christmas, perhaps we will have to visit your little farmer neck of the woods and say hi.
Merry Christmas!

Dayna said...

hahaha. i'm glad you're here. in fact, we should celebrate by putting our babies on the ground and watching both of them not roll over. they were meant to be together. lazy. just plain lazy.