Thursday, December 31, 2009

Poop Face

It always happens when I decide to be productive. Something bad, that is.

It started when I decided to clean house. I had just gotten back from Walmart (try going at 8:00 am; the quality of people is surprisingly less than troll-like and more human-friendly. Well, not really. But maybe since I was more tired I was less inclined to notice the 400 lb woman wearing biking shorts...). I was going to vacuum, mop floors, wipe counters, and eat oreos. You know, basic house-wife crap, and Rip was going to watch. Rip was sitting in his bumbo on the counter, chewing and trying to inhale my grocery list via slobber, to which I decided that you can always make a new grocery list and you cannot always eat oreos uninterrupted. So I was chewing and Rip was chewing and we were both fairly content. Well, there's only so long a baby can enjoy a grocery list before he decides that eating the words 'milk, cereal, bread...' does not actually constitute eating the real thing, and so Rip started to cry and whine. I ignored it for a while, but really, it started to get louder and the oreos lesser. So I picked up baby and headed to the bedroom to put baby down for a nap. I smelled poop and so I bent my head down, and without looking, put my face up to his bum to smell and see if what I was smelling was indeed poop. It certainly was. And there was certainly so much poop, that my face now was covered in poop, along with my hands, and everything else making contact with baby, including my grocery list. The baby had basically just pooped on my face. This was kind of like the last straw, except that it really wasn't, since he will undoubtedly poop on my face again, and I still am not allowed to spank him (I guess he's too little or something? I dunno, the logic confuses me too).

As I sat down later and contemplated the events of the day, I started getting confused. When did this happen to me? When did my face start getting pooped on? When did I start going to Walmart at 8 am and start considering buying clothes there? And most importantly, when did I start eating oreos at 9 am? I'm like an alcoholic. I'm disgusting. No wonder the baby decided to poop on my face. My life is definitely different than what I had imagined as an 8 year old. What happened to owning my own zoo and letting all the animals out of their cages for walks? And what about turning into an Indian so I could live in a tepee and ride horses all day (inspired by Dances with Wolves)? Nope. I'm getting pooped on and going to Walmart instead. At least I still have half a bag of oreos left...

10 comments:

sunni said...

oh how I love your stories and the way that you tell them. I always find myself at work reading your updates and full on laughing out loud. I am sure my co-workers think I am crazy. But I do love your little life and the way you tell us about it. so thank you for the entertainment

LaLa said...

Yep, it won't be the last time you'll be pooped on....at least you seem to have come to grips with that.

On another topic, I can't believe you guys at the donuts. Ewww! You're donutholics for sure.

Natalie Scott said...

:o)
Hmmm, let's see, you've turned into, well, ME!

Congratulations!

megship said...

Ah, poop. At least Macie didn't poop on your face. You really lucked out on that one. I am also surprised you didn't see me at Walmart at 8:00. Maybe I went at 7:30 that day...

Natalie Scott said...

p.s. Oreos make everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING better yes?

Alyssa/Jo said...

I think Rip hates you. Kita doesn't poop on my face.

Haylee said...

Wow! I have not had a chance to read blogs in a long time. I have been missing out. Don't worry, Court, someday you will have your zoo. And you will be able have Rip as a manager or something, so you that you don't have to do all the hard stuff.. you can just care for the animals and take them on walks.

Steph said...

call me asap -- need to chat - we wanted to hang out but your number that i have didn't work and chip never got ahold of joshee so guess it didn't work out! anyhow, would love an update, what is going on with you, is calle still happening - or why the move to ut? anyhow -- check our blog for our big news~

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Wow, I don't think I have ever laughed more over someones blog post. Only you would get your face pooped on! At least you had oreo's to drown you sorrows. Oh Courtney, how we miss you and Josh. I'm really not loving life here in SF. I was just telling Colin last weekend that it would be really nice to go out with you guys...so maybe you should consider moving out here.

Mari Ann said...

Pooped on...You have now joined the group. Ike was pooped on while we were flying to Chicago. Yuck!! Ike thinks Christian poops on those he loves, so consider yourself loved. It was good to hear from you. Hope all is well, oh, and by the way - the alfredo was good at Olive Garden.