Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My life is better than yours

I'm furious. I just wrote an entire post and was just adding a title when somehow I deleted the entire thing. Honest to goodness, if this computer was a living thing it would be shriveled on the ground weeping, for fear of the harsh expletives that fell out of my mouth.

To sum up what the would-be post said, I noted that I didn't have much of anything to write, being that I sit at home with a baby all day and realistically, babies do not make for very interesting companions (anyone denying this is welcome to come and sit with me and Rip and see all the wild adventures we get into; it's both magical and wild and I'm lying. We get bored staring at each other all day, so he screams on the floor and I watch 'What Not to Wear' at subhuman volumes). I mentioned that I left the house the other day with a shirt covered in a film of spit-up and someone pointed it out to me, asking, "Is that spit-up?" Without the slightest measure of embarrassment, I said, "Uh huh. Want some?"

I also noted that I tried to shave Rip's head today but was foiled by Josh, who was horrified by the idea. I pointed out that Rip is currently sporting a comb-over and would be utterly humiliated by it, if he was at all self-aware and not completely focused on milk and the consumption thereof. Josh stood his ground, but has left for work for the day. I'm not sure where he put the clippers but it's only a matter of time. I give it 40 minutes until I crack and shave all the dark fuzzy goodness away.

Last, I mentioned in the deleted post about looking worse than I did 2 weeks ago. Sad, but true. I guess that can be expected with a diet rich in brownies and chocolate chips. I plan to start running my big post-pregnant body, but am slightly concerned about dying along the way. I haven't exercised for a long time, and I'm pretty sure my body is going to remind me of that when I'm trying to haul all of it up a horse trail, and it's trying to haul itself to the refrigerator. We'll see. I'll keep you updated on my love-handles.

13 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Courtney-it's Barbara Dayton. I love your blog---especially when I'm at work and bored and need to laugh at someone whose child has baby acne. Really-thanks for that. But, for the record, I didn't see any in your pictures.

Anjanette said...

um for reals. I worked out yesterday & I can hardly lift Jackson. My arms are SOOOO sore from lifting my FIVE POUNDERS! How embarrassing. That Jillian Michaels is a beast. Best of luck to you & your babe.

Shelli said...

Courtney - I am typing this while talking to my roommate. I know how much you enjoy that.

But...I want you to do something. Go to "posting" and then "edit posts" and you will probably find your old post.

megship said...

By the way, you weigh as much as me and my baby is 18 months old. Shut up please.

Quit trying to shave his head!

If you lived here, we could start a workout program that consisted of pretending to run down the canyon and then going to Kneaders for some french toast. Life would be bliss.

Natalie Scott said...

Count me in on the french toast.

You look AMAZING...especially for just having had a baby, so I don't want to hear it! Exercise is always good, though, and will improve your overall sense of well-being, so throw Rip in his stroller and start with power walking. Then transition to running.

P.S. I'm huge and so tired of it.

Brooke said...

Isn't it crazy that spit up used to be gross before having a kid and now it doesn't even faze you one bit?! I hear you on the trying to work out. It's too painful and has been way too long. Starting is hell. That's why I haven't yet

Anonymous said...

We didn't go with your name because there's only one original - you - and I needed to inspire my first child to be calm/mellow so we'd dare to have more in the future. ;)

Try getting your fix from chocolate weight loss shakes instead. (It makes me feel like I'm making progress... or something like that.) Good luck!!!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Life at home with a newborn is full of excitement isn't it?! It doesn't get too much better as they get older either, I think you just learn to adjust to the boredom. I think we should have a weekly outing, kind of like how our husbands have "spicy dog tuesdays" we should have something equally awesome! And you do not look worse than you did two weeks ago, every time I see you, you look better and better. Then again I've only known you being pregnant. Come jogging with me and Presley, its a barrel of fun...I promise!

rvasay said...

Jog with the baby this is the answer! You look good and I think Rip is adorable with or without hair!
I love you MOM

Angie said...

Oh my gosh Courtney you crack me up! I love your sarcasm and how real and totally hilarious your blog is.

Dayna said...

hahaha i'm dying laughing so hard. your "diet" reminded me of my own. for the past three days my breakfast consisted of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. i rationalized that since i was having it with milk it was no different than a bowl of cereal. i wish you lived here. we could be running buddies.

Haylee said...

sometimes I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I still love you the most. I don't think that you should shave his head... you should see how long it can get in then put in in one of those cool mullet pony tails, people like that. I'll work out with you. I wish that I could go for a walk for my work out

Lindsay said...

Courtney I've been reading your blog for the past hour and I can't stop laughing. I can't believe I haven't blog stocked this before. My favorite post so far is about house hunters. I am addicted to that show and I myself have had everyone of those thoughts. Cute little guy by the way.
Lindsay Dickinson Nyman (in case you were wondering who was stalking you)