Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spit up

I keep meaning to update with pictures and videos, but I've opted to spare you, or rather, spare myself. I hate updating. I probably hate it because my fingers are sore and tired from the constant removal process of spit-up. Seriously. Rip doesn't just spit-up either, he pours sour milk from his mouth like a fountain... the entire day. Spit-up sounds kind of cute and innocent. What Rip does is neither cute nor innocent. It's a vicious assault of my person and my decency. It's an act of terrorism and it needs to be stopped. I'm pretty sure it cannot be stopped. This baby was designed to try me and milk upheaval tries me.

There are so few breaks in between the constant upheaval of milk, that I've resorted to wearing t-shirts all day every day. This might not seem low, but considering I firmly believe the t-shirt to be an article only worn to exercise or sleep, this is a huge development. I loathe myself for stooping so low, but even my resolve to dress like you aren't going to bed has dissolved. My will has dissolved. Life, as I know it, has dissolved. I love the word 'dissolve.' Dissolve.

And to top it all off, the baby just puked on my bedspread.

I'll post pictures tomorrow/later/probably never.

10 comments:

Brett said...

I find your spit-up post comical Courtney. We had the same sort of issues with Jashon and even more so with Anakha. I believe that you were one of the ones that kept your distance from those two to avoid the sour milk smell adorning your person. I'm glad to hear that you get to experience the wonderful phenomena of a baby spitting up more than they eat and somehow they still gain weight.

megship said...

It is funny cause the boys were both spitters and it never bothered me. Maybe that is because I always did-and still do-dress like I am on my way to a long night's slumber. I will not take offense. I hope he spits up in your ear for the comments about t-shirts.

Kim G said...

Yep my son spit up too! It sucks! And no one ever wants to hold your baby... they're like "Oh cute baby can I hold him" Then you reply "He spits up so here's a spit rag" then the give you that disgusted look and say "Ooooh, Hmmm" Ya it sucks! And then they always smell too. Babies are supposed to smell like a bed of roses and instead they smell like sour stomach acid as well as you. Sorry! Is he crying about it?

Betsy Lee said...

Oh man! I have been there done that and I dread ever doing it again!!! I almost went insane because my second was like that. He never stopped throwing up and projected it everywhere! I finally got to the point where I stocked up on burp rags, tons of bibs, and just tried to prepare to be spit up on. That at least made it a little less frustrating. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I noticed a considerable difference when I tried formula on him instead, so I ended up being a formula-feeding mom instead. He spit up about 60% less that way, and showed that pattern of spitting up less the thicker his food was. When he started solids it was waaay better, so for at least my boy the thickness made a difference. Good luck!!!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with the spit up issue as well!

Haylee said...

At least it is your own baby's spit up. The worst is when other people's babis spit up on you and you have to laugh and pretend you are ok with it, because it is not the baby's fault... but really it is gross.

rvasay said...

The spit up thing came from Dad.
Grandma told me they were all spitters. I have to disagree with Betsy---bottle fed babies should spit up more and formula spitup stinks even worse! I suggest that it may be an overeating problem.haha
He is a cutie anyway and I would hold him even if he spit up on me!
I love him and you! MOM

Angie said...

I laughed, but then I felt really bad. That sucks hardcore. But hearing your description totally reminded me of something I learned about in anatomy or physiology that happens to babies, called pyloric stenosis, and one of the main symptoms is projectile vomiting! maybe there's a cure! I dunno. GOOD LUCK! And I do not look down on you for wearing t shirts.

Dayna said...

hopefully the spit up will 'dissolve' magically.

ha! (good one, right???? ok so maybe not...)

jayne does too. sour sour spit up. guaranteed after almost every meal. just be glad it hasn't happened in your mouth during a kiss cause it has to me... yum!!!

Nancy Mann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Scott said...

So sorry, Court. Evie's been my only spitter yet and I really, really hated it. She had more baths that first 6 months than any of my other children! I hate that smell.

Rip is still cute though...sour smelling or not!