Thursday, September 24, 2009

Utah ruins babies

So I'm still alive, barely. And so is the baby, barely. We're making it. We had a scare back a few days after we got back from Utah, but we've pushed past it. The baby had some wild notion after being held all day every day by family that that was going to be the norm from there on out. He had a rude awakening when the day we got back, he sat on the floor screaming for want of being squished in someone's arms. Muahaha. I won that battle. Well, actually I didn't since the baby is sitting in a sling strapped across my chest. Hey. As long as my arms are free, I consider myself the victor. Courtney - 1, baby -9,757,866.

Now, pretend to care and stare at some pictures of Rip. He is 6 weeks old going on 2 weeks old. I swear he should be progressing in some regards but he is still refusing to do much of anything besides poop, stare, eat, cry, sleep, and eat. Oh, and poop.

Here is Rip at 6 weeks sitting in his bumbo. Or trying to. Hey. I'm desperate.And Josh took Rip swimming. Here he is clinging on for dear life. I'm pretty sure Josh had some kind of hickey after this.

It's funny because I was looking at the box of diapers sitting in Rip's room and noticed a few discrepancies.

First off, the baby and the mother are both smiling. Together. At each other. At the same time. In the same place. Now, if that were me and Rip, I would be smiling and he would be staring blankly in response. Or, he would be smiling and I would be scowling because I've just finished changing a diaper and he is currently doing his best work to insure that I will very soon be changing another diaper. See the problem? They were both smiling and so far, I'm not convinced that that really even happens.

The second problem with the diaper box is that it only comes with 216 diapers and honestly, a day's supply in a single box just seems dishonest.

Third problem, the mother looks well rested. Either that isn't her baby or she is one of those idiots who has magic babies who sleep through the night. She should have dark circles under her eyes or at least have a little crazed look about her. I prefer both.

7 comments:

rvasay said...

He also smiles and looks adorable. You have to give credit where credit is due. I think I saw you smiling at him more than once back in Utah. And by the way it is every baby's dream to be held all day----isn't it yours?
He is so cute---send him over with some crackers! I love you MOM

cameo said...

Yea! I am so happy to see some pictures! He really is cute. I have a feeling you enjoy being a mom a little more than you are letting on.

megship said...

Ha ha ha! The problem is not that he was held the whole time the problem is he misses his Aunt Meghan. He is sooooooo cute! I miss him so much! I hate you and your stupid Californianess.

Natalie Scott said...

I'm with mom. I saw lots of smiling going on between you. In fact, he was smiling a lot at me (he likes me more than Meg), too. He does have a pretty good scream, but c'mon, he wants to go surfing with dad and has this growing up first thing he's got to do!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I can't wait to be a mom!! I'm so glad you are honest about your experiences. ;) When I got married I felt like everyone lied to me telling me it was the most amazing thing they had ever dreamed of and that life was a field of soft mossy grass full of beautiful flowers.

I will have little expectation on being a mom and then I only have one direction to go from there...up! Love ya and miss ya. I play indoor with Haley. You should play with us.

Dayna said...

you crack me up. the pic of him in the bumbo is so cute.i cant believe how big he is. i did a blog post about you guys a little while ago. you'll have to check it out.

Haylee said...

Ok, Rip is so cute!! I barely even got to see him though. But those are some good pics of him. And I love the picture of him and Josh in the pool, that looks like a good time. So, Jo, you are saying that your life wasn't filled with dreamy fields of gold and bunny rabbits when you got married, that is weird? Jo is on our team, and thank goodness!! Miss you, Courty, and I love you!