Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Esophagus

I am currently listening to my neighbors' two little girls crying. It's nine o'clock in the morning and they are sitting in their pool, but are wanting their dad to turn the heat on. He has refused, and they have turned to moaning out, "Your own daughters..." or "Do you want us to turn into icicles?!" Keep in mind they are 4 and 7 and they are quite serious. Josh and I have found ourselves laughing hysterically at the constant stream of whine, since they are both in tears and have not yet considered just getting out of the pool to avoid how "freezing" it is. I'm pretty sure it isn't below 80 degrees.

In other important occurrences, Josh had waffles this morning and asked me if I also have a dry esophagus in the mornings, making it hard to swallow bready foods. I'm turning the question to you, since I only laughed in his face. But no, I do not have a dry esophagus in the morning or at any other time of the day. I suppose my body supplies enough esophagus juice to keep it properly moisturized.

I would also like to add that I saw pictures from my baby shower in Utah and I'm pretty disappointed in anyone and everyone who failed to mention to me that I resemble a water buffalo in a purple shirt. That hurts, people. I thought you were my friends and family, and true friends would always tell a person that he or she looks like a bloated buffalo. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter since I have one more month of looking bloated and buffalo-like, and then I can start starving myself to prepare for my brother's wedding. My goal is to look only three times the size of his wife.

9 comments:

Shelli said...

1. I thought you looked adorable and nothing resembling a water buffalo. I think you tend to exaggerate.
2. I also do not have a dry esophagus, but maybe it is because I don't wake up in the morning anymore.
3. "Your own daughters..." Haha. That made me cry.
And finally, congrats to your brother. That is exciting.

Jesse and Kimmie said...

i would like to see these said pictures of you "looking" like a water buffalo. when were you in utah? let me know the next time you come so i can see you! sheesh!

Brooke said...

Well, we're in the same boat so that makes 2 water buffalos...hopefully we aren't in a boat though, that's not a good mix. And I tried the yelling, didn't work for me either. Crap.

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! I enjoy reading your posts

megship said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to let you know that you looked like a water buffalo in a purple shirt. Anyway, Josh and his dry espophogus...oh brother. He probably just has a mini-esophogus like Ty. Ty has to take a sip after every bite. ANNOYING! See ya buffalo!

Ashley said...

Hey post some of your water buffalo pics so I can see :)

rvasay said...

You do not look like a water buffalo!
I showed Elsa the pics and she just hoooed and ahhhhhhed on how slim you were because her daughter who is also pregnant has been told by the doctor to stop eating because she is Gorda! As for Josh---I have never heard of this condition but being the mission doctor I will look into it. I love you MOM

LaLa said...

Josh, I didn't know it had anything to do with my esophagus but I also have a hard time eating waffles, pancakes, etc. in the morning. I feel your pain buddy. It does help to take a drink after every bite.

The pool was approximately 82 degrees when said children were whining that they were turning to icicles. Hope they didn't wake you up. Where was their Mother anyway?? Oh ya, in bed with earplugs and a pillow on her head.

Haylee said...

HAHA!! poor Josh, that has to be really rough on him not being able to eat that dry food. I bet that I don't have a real problem with it because I soak it in syrup... that probably helps a lot.
Miss you!