Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dr. H

I think I hate my doctor. No. Scratch that. I know I hate my doctor. Yeah. Hate him bad. Needless to say, I had an appointment today. I went in hoping he would congratulate me on a pregnancy well-done, and end the misery that is pregnancy. He did quite the opposite actually. He took my blood pressure, felt the baby's head, measured my massive belly, and told me he would see me in a week.

"But doctor, I could be in full-blown labor and ready to deliver and stuff. Shouldn't you check more stuff out? I could be dilated to a 10 or something. Shouldn't we know?"
His response: "Have you had any contractions?"
Me: "Not really..."
Him: "Then you're not in labor. See you next week."

As I sat there, shaking with the absolute injustice of the whole thing, fury started to consume me. It became hard to breath, blindness overtook me, and the only coherent thought I had was how to destroy this abnormally tall man. I couldn't believe it. He wouldn't even check things out! And who was he? This man had never been pregnant! It's a power trip I tell you. Seriously. It's like playing god, telling people when they can or cannot have a baby. Sick and wrong. Twisted, really. I loathe him. And the only way I could think of to pay him back, besides giving him an absolute look of death, was to not see him in a week and to make it a little longer. That's right. I took some of the power back. This quack isn't going to tell me when to schedule.

And who let men go into this field anyway? They know absolutely nothing concerning the matter. There's really only so much you can learn from a book, the rest is based on personal experience. Never mind that my dad is a heart doctor and never has had a heart attack himself, completely different scenario. The bottom line is that this man is a horrible individual. As I was driving home, I kept trying to think of ways of how to get back at him. I thought about changing doctors last minute. I thought about stalking him and leaving hate notes on his windshield. I even went so far to think about somehow kidnapping his kids and holding them for ransom until he induced me. I haven't really come up with a solid game plan quite yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll know it when I hear it. Oooh, I hate him. And feel free to send me some ideas on ways to absolutely ruin his life. So long as I'm pregnant, the man should suffer.

6 comments:

sunni said...

HAHAHAHAH you make me laugh!! Good post! Good luck this week with the dreadful doctor.

Jesse and Kimmie said...

go into labor really early in the morning so that you will wake him up from his blissful sleep and deliver you. my doctor was kind of bugged about that :) then, when you are pushing, accidentally kick him square in the face and just say your foot slipped. what is gonna do? it's not likew he can get you back or anything. he is a professional and there are witnesses :) good luck!

Natalie Scott said...

We'll just send Meg his way...don't mess with the sistas, jerkface.

It will all end, soon. That last bit of pregnancy is HELL. ;)

megship said...

I hate him too and have begun plotting his death. My male docs have had babies, I think. Or they are gay. Hmmmm...I don't know which but I love them. I absolutely hate your doc too. Definitely over the next few nights you need to go into the hospital with fake contractions and wake him up repeatedly every night. It will be worth your money to see his snotty Sandiego butt drag its way into the hospital at that time of night. Wah ha ha ha! Kill! Sorry dad.

Haylee said...

I hate Dr. H. You could always pull out your famous curb kicking comment, that still frightens Jesse to this day to think about. HAHA

Frazier Family said...

hum...I wish I had some advise, but I hated my doctor too. Yes. He was a man. I told Mike that I REFUSE him to go into that kind of medicine for that precise reason. MEN CAN NOT POSSIBLY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT PREGNANCY IS ABOUT!! What really bugs is when they act like they have it rough living with us because our hormones are so messed up. Excuse me? You're the idiot that wanted this kid too! What the Hell? Good luck though. We'll be watching your blog close for pictures of the new baby Robbins! Did you officially decide on a name?