Friday, June 5, 2009

30 weeks

You might be wondering why I'm posting a picture of me in my big blue scrubs, with my hair in a greasy bun, with a message, 'It's a boy!' tattooed across my baby bulge. I sort of am too. And I'm sort of wondering why I even have this picture, except that I'm not wondering because I really do know why I have this picture. A friend is throwing me a baby shower and decided it would be 'such a cute idea' to have a picture of me and all my big blue glory on the invitation. Only problem (besides it being an absolutely awful idea), is that she got this idea while I was working and needed to get the invitations out, according to her, "two weeks in advance!" Uh huh. So this is where I come in. She comes to my work unannounced, with a camera in hand, and pulls me outside, where she starts taking pictures. I might look pretty docile, but I was livid. And had she not be doing something very kind and generous for me in the first place, I might have screamed obscenities at her and run myself into oncoming traffic. But I didn't do either, and this is what the end result was. Luckily, she couldn't quite figure out how to get the picture on the invitation and it never worked out. Please sense my disappointment.

But in tribute to her efforts, and since everyone is practically salivating for a picture of the mongo woman (it's like one of those train wreck photos; moderately horrifying, but unable to look away), I am letting the world see me for what I am. A big, beautiful, blue-smurf woman. Josh is a lucky guy.

10 comments:

rvasay said...

I love this picture! You look really cute Cork and I love to see your smurfness! Tell your friend thankyou for me----it makes a mother happy! I love you MOM

rvasay said...

And I think you look terrific. Chris Farley is not even close.
love
Dad

megship said...

Ahhh....blue scrubs.....oh, I'm sorry I was just salivating over the blue scrubs. You know how I love scrubs.

Anyway, you look adorable! You don't look nearly as fat as I thought you would look at this point!

Courtney said...

Hmmm... thanks Meg?

Natalie Scott said...

Oh how I'd love me some scrubs...only YOU can make them look so good!

Btw, I bought a maternity swimsuit AND cover up a couple weeks ago, and realized just now as I scrolled back down to your Hawaii pictures that it is the exact same swimsuit and (white) cover up you have! Aren't we cute and shall we go swimming together at a public pool this summer?

Amanda Erdmann said...

Courtney, not that it matters, but when I was pregnant, I had a similarly horrific picture taken of me, only it actually ended up on the invitation, and it was also a double baby shower, and my sister-in-law was not nearly as fat as I was. I looked the giant peach. You look fantastic. Amanda Bishop

Anonymous said...

Courtney, I think you look fantastic. And you should probably throw away all your other clothes and keep only these blue scrubs. Fantastic.

Jeremy said...

I thought you said you were fat and pregnant. Pregnant maybe fat not even close.

Haylee said...

I really hope that you and Nat wear your matching swimsuits and cover ups together while you are here in utah. But, yes, about the picture, you are a very good sport for doing it. And I think that you and the little guy are adorable.

latands said...

See Courtney, I made your mother happy! This is a great picture of you and it looks like you. The other picture you gave me and insisted I use instead, did not look like you.Remember, even your co-workers asked you "who that was with Josh"?