Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deal Breakers

Last night I made the horrible mistake of being what some might call, a 'supportive' wife. Josh had yet another indoor/outdoor soccer game, and I went. Can I just say, blah? Blah! I hate doing supportive things, especially when it means doing anything that takes me away from laying on the couch with a bowl of cereal. Really. I highly resent having to go to work, simply because it requires occasional standing and little or no cereal. Huh. I guess I might be sort of lazy. Weird.

But anyway, I was at this game, and there was a fairly attractive guy standing not 10 feet away. Being human and not wasting the opportunity to admire such attractiveness, I cast casual glances at him, thinking of what I would do to improve his look (meaning I would exchange his chunky Vans for something more loafer-like...). As I was admiring and oogling, he bent over to pick up a dropped phone, and *gasp* I witnessed one of my deal breakers. Crack. I saw crack, and I was immediately trying to keep myself from vomiting. As I tried to concentrate on anything other than hairy crack (it probably wasn't really hairy, but what with the imagination I have... well...), I was thinking of other deal breakers for me and guys. The list was surprisingly short.
  • Revealing clothing -I find nothing more disgusting than guys wearing shorter shirts or lower pants, and having to see any amount of stomach, back, or butt. I can stand to see underwear, but I'd rather not. Keep it covered!
  • Less than comic-worthy humor -I like my guys funny and yes, Josh is funny. He had to be to catch a girl like me (I don't know what that means but it's meant to infer that I'm a great catch).
  • Any guy that weighs less than me -it is bound to happen some day when I get pregnant, because Josh isn't exactly a heavyweight, but until then, we'll stay married. The second the scale proves me to outweigh him, well... I hope our marriage is strong enough.
  • Guys who can't eat -I'm a big eater and I need healthy competetion in this category. This might tie in with a guy weighing less than I do. In high school, I dated a guy who was incredibly conscience of what he ate and stuff. I was seriously turned off when he suggested I not eat the entire plate of french toast and ingest some fruit instead. I might have shot him. Either way, I can't remember and I haven't seen him since IHOP. Sometime might want to check the dumpster.
  • A guy who can't fix stuff -Since I'm constantly breaking things, I need someone to follow in my wake with a hammer and a screwdriver. I need a I-can-fix-anything-you-can-manage-to-break-baby! guy. I love those kind of guys. Especially when they call me 'baby.'
  • Any guy who can't watch America's Funniest Videos, if there even is such a being -Enough said. That show rules. Josh may not go out of his way to watch it, but I can guarantee he watches. We wouldn't be together otherwise.

9 comments:

Betsy Lee said...

That's a funny list! I laughed about the IHOP story because about a month ago I was driving past the IHOP in Orem and there were a lot of police officers there and police tape, and we found out later that someone had been killed there! I guess they are just BARELY checking the dumpsters and discovering this body of your ex's.

megship said...

Yeah, definitely the weight thing is big. I made Ty gain almost as much weight as I did with this last pregnancy just so he would stay more than 20 pounds heavier than me.

Good for you for being a supportive wife! I don't remember the last time I went to one of Ty's games...

Haylee said...

um...sick butt crack... that really is vomitrocious. (yup, I still use words like that). I am with you on the mr. fix it thing, which unfortunately Jon is not at all. So I have had to obtain some of those qualities. Now, please excuse me, while I go out on the roof to put up some christmas lights. ;)

Jesse and Kimmie said...

After laughing my guts out after reading your blog, I have officially decided that you are one of my favorite blogs to rad. I love your blunt sarcasm. It is hilarious!

Brooke said...

You are insanely honest my dear friend! Admitting you check out other guys at your husbands games! Wow! I agree with your deal breakers. Very well put.

rvasay said...

I did not know that you had these hangups!!!!!I have to agree with you though on all your list. You are one sharp cookie! I love you MOM

Brett said...

Interesting Court, though having Asay blood, you shouldn't be too strict on the eating thing.

Natalie Scott said...

Does Mom know you at all?? Why does she keep acting so surprised when she reads these blogs?

I can totally see you checking out some guy to figure out what he can do to improve on his looks. I've felt you do the same thing to me many times! It's quite intimidating, actually.

I agree with most things on your list, but I guess I failed since I easily out eat Ryan, and quickly pass him up in weight once I'm pregnant. Oh, well, at least our kids have hope of not being Asay beasts!

p.s. Evie LOVES fruity pebbles. You two are kindred spirits.

Clark Asay said...

Uh, this entry is a bit odd. Why are you listing dealbreakers when you already have a deal?