Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Don't mess

Today at work I was telling some of my colleagues (other low-end employees) about how sick and tired I was of a certain patient. I was expressing how I wished that I could see this person face to face, simply to be able to shout in her face for 5 hours, when one of the said colleagues blatantly stated, "She would kick your a$$" (money signs intended to deflect any possible outcry of being offended). I was stunned. I mean, really? Either I'm a major wuss (not likely), or this particular person is trained in some rare martial arts that enables them to mortally wound you just by blinking at you. I just couldn't believe it. And to add to it, everyone sort of just nodded along, in agreement! It isn't as though I'm some tiny weakling who can hardly lift a cup of scalding oatmeal (I actually did that today, lifted it right over my head). I've played soccer my entire life and did a fair number of bruising during that life, and I should think that I represent myself as fairly tough and capable of manhandling, but perhaps not. Maybe I just come across as too dainty to get my hands dirty by ruffing up some patient's mother. I don't really know the answer. The bottom line, I can take you, no matter who you are.

9 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

I, personally, am afraid of you.

Seriously, I think it's that sweet, smiling face and the girly-ness that deceives people. You'll probably just have to prove yourself at some point..maybe with said patient?

Shelli said...

Whatever Court, you could totally kick that lady's trash.

Also, we are coming to help you support Prop 8 the weekend before election day. Will you drive to Irvine to come see me? We have a really radical plan... I'll fill you in later.

Ashley said...

Courtney, you could kick anybody's a$$ I know......except for me!! HA HA!! But if we teamed up, we would be unstoppable!! What do you think? :)

megship said...

Ummmm...I would waste you. I would waste anyone. That being said, you are much tougher than you look. I miss you.

Katie said...

Remember how we decided that you are the strongest woman on the planet? Obviously those people didn't get the memo. Do you still have the blue gremlin? Maybe you should bring him to work to scare them and let them know who is the real boss.

rvasay said...

I could whip you for sure. You are not that tough or mean. Sorry but I know . I am your MOM
Oh yes and I love you.

Haylee said...

I could take you for like a second, until you caught up to me (because I would run away after trying to attack you)and then you would kill me, dead, probably.

Anjanette said...

ya...I wouldn't want to fight you.

ps Learning to Fly by TP & the Heartbreakers came on when I opened your blog & I remembered why I liked them so much in high school. I miss them.

Betsy Lee said...

Oh, I would be scared for my life if I had to fight you, Courtney. However, you pull off tough while looking so cute and fashionable, so maybe the cute part fools people who don't know you into thinking you'd rather not ruffle your clothes. ;)