Friday, July 18, 2008

Time flies!

Time flies when...
  1. You go to work and the receptionist that is 108 years old and recently got plastic surgery to look 97 asks you to assemble 100,000 boxes. I looked at her, saw the sheer joy she had in bossing me around, and realized that my life might afterall, be a complete hellish wasteland. At least I took my boxes into the breakroom, where she couldn't watch and gain the sick satisfaction of knowing she had the ability to command and I to obey (like my sisters, I do not respond well to being told what to do).
  2. Your friends come to visit you! Haylee and Annie are here, in California, witnessing all that is wonderful in San Diego. Probably not all, since we're not going to San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Disneyland, Six Flags, etc., but they will still undoubtedly have an incredible time since they are currently asleep in the next room and I am making to prepare them a delicious bowl of AppleJacks. I'm such a good friend.
  3. You stop exercising and eat everything you could ever imagine would be bad for you and then get ready to jump into your old clothes, and realize that they don't fit right. They bulge here and lump up there. No wait, that isn't the clothes. Its my butt.
  4. It is any day besides a work day and you realize you have to go back to assembling boxes for the 98 year old grandma with a face job the next day. Evil, evil woman...
  5. While assembling the said boxes, you start contemplating how you could go and get your Masters, do some volunteer work, save the whales, etc. etc. etc. The second you leave work, however, you forget your noble ambitions and remember that you are perfectly content to sit and watch tv, getting dumber instead. You forget why we're even trying to save whales, what a whale is, how many whales you know, and think more on who is going to win Wipeout (the latest and greatest show on tv). Hahaha.... people go boom. Funny.
  6. When you're eating Fruity Pebbles or anything else with high, perhaps toxic concentrations of sugar. Most things I eat fall into that category. Hence the size of my butt and the jiggle in my arms.
  7. You start realizing that your dream job would be to work as an assassin. You fit easy into the mold -heartless, ruthless, desire to kill, enjoy the color black -and see that your calling is elsewhere. Assembling boxes is for chumps; you belong on a rooftop with a fine piece of weaponry sitting in your cold, calculating hands.
  8. It is time to go and your vising friends are still holed up in their room, not even pretending to be awake. You stomp around, trying to 'accidentally' wake them up. They do not stir. You get angry and remember your future as an assassin, relax, and wait until they become your next assignment. They will rue the day they did not wake up when you wanted them to! Rue the day, I tell you!
  9. You realize that you have absolutely lost your mind. I know I have. But who wouldn't with an ancient woman bossing me around, jiggly arms, and two friends who refuse to rise?

8 comments:

rvasay said...

I do not think you would be a good assassin---too blond! Also I don't think you would have the patience for it. You are however an awesome person and I love you-----tell my girls Annie and Haylee hello! MOM

Natalie Scott said...

Tell Annie and Haylee to take the next plane down to TX (along with you) to visit the real important people like me and Laurel.

Try not to hurt that old lady. She probably doesn't have long anyway.

megship said...

Ha ha ha! I love you. What the heck are those girls doing there???!! I wanna come! Oh wait, I am coming in a few months! Woohoo! Yipee! Right on! Oh baby! Those are my words of excitement.

You would suck as an asassin...assasin....asasin.....assassin.....huh huh huh. That last spelling is funny. I am growing dumber by the minute and I watch kids all day. I really am white trash, Court, I thought that spelling was funny and I still have a smile on my face. Help. me.

Justin said...

That was a hilarious post. I'm sorry you have to assemble boxes for the old lady. Tell Josh hi, and check out our pictures at sillyswalbergs.blogspot.com!

You can also tell him that all of my hard work in Wymount 87th ward got me promoted to assistant stake clerk...once a clerk, always a clerk!

Justin Swalberg

cameo said...

I've been meaning to ask you...are you watching that one show, The Search for the Greatest American Dog or something? I told Jeremy there was no way you weren't, but it doesn't sound like you are and I don't like being wrong. Also, I am reading the Twilight books again and I started crying in New Moon BEFORE HE EVEN LEFT. Trust me, it got much worse when he DID actually leave. I think I really am in love with Edward.

Haylee said...

I was awake for the love... if you would have peeked in the door you would have known that. I think you just wanted to be uninterrupted when writing a blog. My mornings consisted of listening to any breathe or not breathe. It was sporatic.

Haylee said...

when I say any breathe, I meant Annie. I am joining you and meg, in the getting dumber, but unfortunately mine comes as a consequence of my work... that is how dull it is.

Holly Moore said...

You forgot to mention that as an assassin you get to wear sweet-ass black leather pants. (=