Wednesday, August 17, 2011

As promised...

Lucky you! You now get to spend the next 45 minutes (if it takes you any shorter, you either did not spend adequate time oogling or you skipped this post altogether; shame on you) seeing pictures of my apartment here in Ithaca. You are so blessed.

This is directly across the street. As you can see, there is our mailbox, nestled snugly in the midst of some poison ivy.

And the outside... Look! There's Rip.

And the kitchen... notice the knobs on the oven? You sort of have to guess what temperature you're using. I've guessed wrong now pretty much every time.
And this is our enormous bedroom. The picture actually makes it look smaller because we have an armoir and a desk fitting comfortably in there, but it definitely is a lot smaller than the luxury we're accustomed to.
The living room... yes. That's an AC unit in the window. Yes. That is supposed to condition the entire apartment (I say 'entire' as though the apartment is vast and spacious; it is not). Also, notice any lights other than the lamps? No? That's because there aren't any. We are lucky to have three lamps, but it still seems weird that there is no light fixture of any sort.

And just because we're all adorable, a few extras. Man, I wish the bags under my eyes were not the primary focal point. The boys in their Cornell hats and sweatshirts. We are very supportive.
And Chet last night in his skin tight pajamas playing with a balloon. I love skin-tight pajamas on babies and toddlers.
And a recap? There are two other bedrooms and a bathroom but they sort of just look like every other kid bedroom and bathroom you've ever seen. So not much there. But I was thinking how you're not supposed to put real names or locations on blogs and things, because it's dangerous. I agree. However, I'm almost 10,000% positive no one wants to come stalk me and my family. For one, they would have to deal with Rip and the constant battle of finding him the exact train he is currently looking for. That in and of itself is reason enough to stay away. For two, they would have to stare at the bags under my eyes and that is not only terrifying; it's somewhat grotesque. So I'm feeling pretty confident I'm not stalker material. Chet might be though. Wait. Never mind. He would vomit apple sauce, oatmeal, or whatever else he has eaten and he would promptly be returned. Yes. Chet no longer spits up, he vomits. And considering he's mobile, you pretty much step into vomit wherever you go. So yeah. No one is taking this family.

11 comments:

Shelli said...

Remind me why the heck you are in Ithaca anyway?

Yes, I'm in Scotland for Becca's wedding. It has been awesome, and... typical of a gathering with people of these particular personalities. It has been an adventure to say the least.

rvasay said...

It definitly looks like Rochester! I feel like it looks very homey and inviting! I do see a potential problem with having the high chair sitting next to the stove even though it is the perfect fit. Your furniture looks good in the apartment! We all miss you----keep up the posts! Love MOM

Brett said...

If it were me, I'd be sleeping in the living room.

I don't see any pictures of Josh. Is he really there?

Michelle said...

Since I've practically been in your apartment, I think you can consider me your first guest in your new home...before you even got there. Hope you guys have fun!

Anjanette said...

For reals! What is with apartments without light fixtures?!? It drives me nuts and I totally don't get it. Ugh. I hate that the bedrooms in our current apt are lit by lamps. So dumb and annoying.

Ps. Sweet bags under your eyes. They match mine. :)

Natalie Scott said...

Um, I'm just having a hard time looking at any pictures beyond the kitchen because I can't figure out why there is a single handle in the middle of each cabinet. Explain, please? Perhaps it has something to do with the apartment lacking light fixtures too. Clearly men build these structures...lights? who needs lights? Nah, just leave'em out.

I'm jealous you appear to be all moved in with everything in its place. We have been in our house nearly two months and still have boxes to unpack. Ugh.

megship said...

Everything looks great! I would like a picture of my little rocker if you don't mind.

Also, I have the WORST bags under my eyes in the world so stop trying to be top dog in the bags under eyes contest.

I miss you and think you are stupid for leaving.

Haylee said...

Your apartment looks pretty cool to me. I especially love the massive forest in your font yard. Idont love poison ivy, tbut that looks pretty amazing!! I hope you are doing cool things and having fun out there! I miss you tons!

Frazier Family said...

Cornell...I can't help but think about Andy from the Office :)

Sara said...

I'm going to steal your pictures and post it on my blog, and say that its my apt. because we all know that my apartment is disgusting.

LaLa said...

Love the bags, love your cute boys! We miss you guys. Wish you were back for some more late nights in the pool. So glad we got to see you before you moved.

Has Josh joined the a'cappella choir "Here comes treble" like Andy Bernard?