Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update Update!!

Here is an update with no pictures. Sorry. A combination of not taking any and not being sure how to get them off the camera makes for a very sad blog indeed. Pretty sure I was born in the wrong time period. Here  goes anyway.

Chet is still a baby. Although he is just barely 3 months, it seems like he should be 12 years old by now. Time stands still when you have a newborn. He smiles, laughs, and does basically nothing. Chet loves the bjorn and will sit strapped to my chest for hours. He even falls asleep that way. Again, he basically does not have much going on.

He did sleep through the night for a week or two, but has since decided that going too long without eating is completely out of the question. He even reverted to waking up twice a few nights ago. Needless to say, I was not impressed. I have also not been impressed with his reflux. If you've ever had a baby with reflux, I'm sorry. It's awful. Projectile vomiting throughout the entire day plus crying while eating makes for one sad baby and one angry mom. However, we've been giving him some medicine for it and it has worked wonders. He still spits up and still doesn't nurse for longer than 5 minutes at a time, but it's a vast improvement and I'm sure very interesting information for everyone.

Rip is 19 months old and is way more interesting than Chet. He is NAUGHTY but way more entertaining. His favorite things include using my makeup brushes to apply makeup on Chet, making out with Chet, and thinking about making out with Chet. He likes Chet. A lot. He is also loves all things boy. He loves cars, balls, wrestling, and being wussy.

Josh is currently in Ithaca, New York, interviewing for a fellowship that will pay for the entirety of school. If you don't know, Josh is going back to school for his MBA. We plan on going to Cornell this fall (yes, the same school as the Nard Dog), and are still unsure what we're doing with our house, so don't ask unless you want to buy it for millions.

Me. Hmm... not much going on. I'm currently not pregnant so that feels sort of eventful. I'm preparing for a half-marathon, which only involves running at the most twice a week. Yeah, I'm either going to die or just run the first mile and then call it quits. I should probably train better, but when am I going to manage that? I'm a full time breastfeeder. Chet eats every two hours and sometimes sooner (again, reflux is the bane of my existence). I feel like my entire job is feeding that kid and trying to keep the puke down. It's exhausting. Not to mention disgusting. Anyway, nothing that new or exciting about me, other than I just ordered a new breast pump. Josh got a new computer and asked me, "Hey, since I'm getting a new computer, do you want a new breast pump?" Wow. So that's where things are at, then? Sad. Even more sad that I took him up on it. Hello Medela!

10 comments:

Jamie and Lauren said...

I feel inadequate not knowing who Nard Dog is. I hope it is someone important that makes going to Cornell cool. Because just going to Cornell itself isn't cool at all. Or the fact that it might be paid for in full.

cameo said...

When are you leaving? I am very unhappy. Unhappy that you are leaving, and even more unhappy that we live about 15 minutes from each other and I've seen you once since you moved back to Utah. I am a horrid friend. Are you coming back afterwards?

And Nard Dog is one of my favorites. Yea!!!

rvasay said...

I do not know the Nard dog either but then again I am quite old! I am kind of excited for you because I know you will have all kinds of fun experiences but sad for me because you will take your entire family with you!!!!!!

megship said...

Who is chet? Who is rip? Who are you? I am certain I don't know you. There is no such thing as courtney.

Amy said...

Abbi had reflux really bad too. She slept in her car seat until she was almost 11 months old. I can totally feel your pain! As a newborn if you laid her flat it would just leak right out of her nose. Ew, gross.
Sounds like life just keeps getting better for you! :) Love the updates!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Ugh, Cornell? Whatever happened with Stanford? We were supposed to be neighbors! I'm so happy that Rip loves Chet, I'm still waiting for Presley to get that loving feeling for Maybelle...pretty much Presley hates Maybelle while Maybelle just adores Presley...its tragic really.

Natalie Scott said...

I do not read blog posts w/out pictures.

Please call and let me know how things went for Josh. New York is farther than TX!!

Kirk and Jamie said...

Wow - 4 yrs after moving out of the BYU 87th ward and we are going to be back in the same stake. I hope you will like Ithaca, it is so pretty and the people out here are really nice. We are in the Elmira ward and live in Big Flats about 30 min from Ithaca. When you get in town look us up and we'll have to catch up. And if you need any contacts let me know - there are a few people in Ithaca I could put you in touch with that could help you find a place if you are looking.

M said...

Happy to hear that you will be there in the fall. I just love that campus! We'll happily drive up to see you again. Just keep us posted and we'll bring a lovely housewarming gift too. ;)

Dayna said...

i still can't believe your leaving. not that we hang out every day... but still. *tear*

new breast pump?!?!?!?! JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!