Monday, April 18, 2011

Booty Shorts

I thought about doing a post without mentioning the boys, but who am I kidding? My entire life revolves around these two and their issues.

Here is Chet with hair. Hair makes him angry. This must have been a month ago.

Here is Chet in the process of losing his hair. Rip lost his hair too, but a lot earlier. And yes, Chet spends a lot of his life in the bjorn. This makes him happy, only he doesn't look happy, he looks surprised. Either way, he doesn't cry in the bjorn, and so I don't feel like leaving him at a homeless shelter while he's in the bjorn. It works.

This is Rip sucking down a bottle. He is off bottles, only he isn't when he asks for one. What can I say, I could care less if the kid gets a bottle of milk (Josh feels differently, but as soon as he spends 24 hours a day with the offspring, his feelings will matter). And you can't see, but he's pointing to Chet. Usually when Chet is crying and I'm not in the room, Rip will find me and pull on my legs until I go and pick Chet up. He doesn't like it when he cries. Chet isn't crying, but he might have made a noise. Rip likes to point out anything Chet does (i.e. nothing) to me. Chet makes a noise, Rip laughs and points at him. Yes, Rip. Chet is absolutely fascinating.

And this is our newest solution to Rip being obsessed with the computer. Strap on the headphones and then we don't have to listen to the annoying kids' stuff he insists on watching (for some reason, Rip has no interest in Shark Tank). Never mind that the headphones are huge. With this kid's genetics, he's doomed for a life of small headedness. Headphones will always be huge.

Yup. Rip has discovered the toilet to be the most fascinating thing in the entire world. He loves finding things to put in it, putting his hands in it, and driving his cars in it. He has only just realized he can actually put his feet in it, and this has taken his love for the toilet to the next level.


But I do think it deserves mentioning that I played in the UVU alumni game this last Saturday. Now, I know I'm old and all, but when did girl soccer players start tucking their shorts into their underwear? And why? We were playing at 6 pm; no chance of tan lines. I'm still not over it. All I could focus on was the 25 feet of thigh (these girls were tall) being exposed and the inevitable wedgie you know where. Disturbing. Very disturbing. So if you're 18 and playing soccer, please explain to my why rolling your shorts to sheer skankiness helps you play better. Maybe  a diversion? Can't be sure. Only thing I'm sure about is that the length of the shorts on these girls could not be more than 2 inches and Barbie wears more fabric. Hmm. Maybe I'm older than I think.

Also, Josh got the fellowship so we will definitely be heading to New York this fall. So if you're interested in buying basically everything we own, since we are bound to live in some kind of glorified bomb shelter and will be unable to fit any of it in the said bomb shelter, please email me. Items for sale include house, lawn mower, car, computer, skis, soccer shorts measuring longer than 4 inches, Chet, and couches that Chet has redecorated with his puke. Remember, these items will go fast, especially the puke couch, so email me soon.

13 comments:

megship said...

I want everything I have ever given you....I will also take chet. I will also take all your long shorts.

Betsy Lee said...

My daughter is a few months younger than Rip, I think, and I have felt little motivation to get her off the bottle. :\ It's hard to deny her something that keeps her content. Why make my life more complicated right now? lol

By the way, we're in need of a lawn mower. How much are you selling it for? You can email me at yb4bets@gmail.com

Angie said...

Your posts always make me laugh. Also, are you moving to NYC? If so we should totally hang out. :)

Ashley said...

I feel like you probably have some nice stuff to buy. I would have gone to the UVU game, but I was in st. george. Plus I couldn't have played with my Acl and all. Totally agree with the underwear thing. Anywho let me know what things for reals you want to sell.

Natalie Scott said...

I remember wondering the same thing about YOU guys when you were playing soccer in high school. Now I know I'm really really old. We wore XL t-shirts and shorts down to our knees to play. Not to mention the Jessica McKlintock dresses to prom. Sleeves and everything I tell you.

The boys are stinkin CUTE! Let Rip have the bottle as long as he wants. It's not doing him any harm unless he's actually sleeping with it in his mouth. Can I just tell you, Evie didn't take a bottle until she turned ONE. That's right, I weaned her onto a bottle around the time she turned a year old. I was desperate to be done nursing and even more desperate for her to be happy for 5 seconds. She had the bottle till she was at least two. And look how normal she's turned out! ;0) Drink on, Rippy boy.

rvasay said...

Yes the booty shorts. They had started it even when you were playing Cork but most girls had the sense not to do it but lowriding was a problem! I do remember Natalie and Megs wearing giantantic shorts which for some unknown reason Mike Lahargue thought all high school girls must be the same size or bigger than the HS boys!

M said...

Well your commentary on the shorts-issue at the alumni game makes me less bummed that I missed it.

Renee said...

I stalk your blog and think you are hilarious. I laughed while reading this entire post, just like I always do. Congrats on the internship. I hope someone buys your puke covered couch and if Meghan takes Chet I will help babysit. P.S. Loved the comment about the soccer shorts!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Seriously Courtney, why all the way across the country?! I'm a little hurt by your NYC announcement, but whatever. We live in a glorified bomb shelter...at least it only takes a second to clean. I can plug the vacuum into a socket in the living room and and vacuum the entire house with out changing sockets, thats how small our house is...awesome. Too bad you will be all the way across the country or you could hang out with me in my bomb shelter.

Dayna said...

jayne still has two bottles a day. so what.

i still can't believe you're leaving. i'm bitter. or slightly jealous. maybe both?

can we please have 6 day a week pool time together before you leave once utah decides to be warm? i would really appreciate that. its the least you could do.

i'm still laughing at how freaking cute jayne and rip are together- laughing their heads off, dancing, and rip tackling jayne to the ground.

Dayna said...

pps. i tried to sign up for your half marathon and its sold out. they offer a VIP registration for the half marathon thats like $150 and you get to be "special." its ridiculous and makes me angry and there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks i'm going to give in to their lameness. just thought i'd let you know because we talked about doing it together, remember?

Haylee said...

so you are moving huh? that is nuts! I hope Rip gets a New Yorker accent. And we probably need a lawn mower if you haven't sold it already.... we are willing to pay top dollar!
Also, I have noticed the boys doing the same thing, which makes the up chuck reaction even more vulnerable. it's messed up... I also saw some guys tucking their sleeves into the sports bras they were not wearing, so really they just tucked the sleeves up, they had to do it often. They are so stupid!

The McEwen's said...

So, we are now officially moving to Utah and you are leaving?! Sad!