Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Carlos

Warning, if you do not care about my house, please stop now. I will now proceed to post 5 billion pictures of nearly every room in my house. Be glad it isn't a huge house. I am. Oh, and if you're concerned about the bare walls, just know that Josh is too. He keeps nagging me to hang stuff up, and I keep nagging him to stop nagging me. I've only just decided to try and see who goes insane first from all the nagging.

I'd like to start out with this picture, since it is the reason for living, according to me. This is a picture of my closet. My very own closet. In my room. I don't have to share with Josh. He has his own, too. And we put built-ins in. I love them. Sometimes, I just open the closet and admire it. Needless to say, Josh's closet is a lot neater. Kudos to him and his OCD.

This is our master bath. Yes, we're sick of the color scheme as well. We've had it for 5 1/2 years. Shoot me, please.
I am no good at taking pictures. This the master bedroom. Unlike this picture, the bedroom is actually quite large. There are two closets (if you missed the importance of that, please see above).

This is Rip's bathroom that he doesn't use since it's only a shower and he is unwilling to take showers at this point (so lame). There is a sink and vanity straight across. Imagine it. It's wonderful, I'm sure.

This is Rip's room. He also has a closet, but quite a bit less magnificent than ours. No built-ins, ya see.

Here is the kitchen. Nothing to write home about, but nothing needing dramatic cosmetic overhaul, therefore, exactly something to write home about. I correct myself.

Here is the living room. Not a great picture or angle, but Josh didn't send me the other pictures I took, so here is what you get. You're missing the best part, though. A black console table that has become the apple of my eye.

To the basement!

The basement living room. Bare, yes? Unfortunately, our basement will remain bare. We have no desire (money) to change this fact. We are currently investing any extra dollar into the plague that is our yard.
Downstairs hallway. Large, spacious, and a complete waste of space. Sounds like someone I know.
Basement bathroom that only gets used every other millennium. That being said, we really need to put in the shower curtain, towel bars, etc. etc. etc. Or maybe invest in some blinds. Nah. It's a nice little surprise for anyone brave enough to peek down there.

The laundry room, or lack thereof really. More like the laundry closet. Oh well. This infuriates Josh. Considering he does a good chunk of the laundry, I tolerate his contempt for the laundry facilities.

Basement bedroom #1 / laundry room.

Basement bedroom #2 / Josh's office that he never works in but works on the kitchen table instead, claiming that he likes to be close to Rip and me. I'm suspicious he just likes to be around when I'm making food so he can bum some lunch from me.

Basement bedroom #3 / Rip's playroom that doesn't actually have more than 5 toys.
There. You've met Carlos (the name of our house). Someday, I will post a picture of the outside, but probably not for a long while since we're in the process of destroying the entire plant life. I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

Alyssa/Jo said...

Tons of bedrooms...does that mean more kiddos will be coming soon?

You have a really nice washer and drier set. Now I'm really jealous of you.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh..... a HOUSE. It is beautiful. I can't imagine having a house. I really can't. That is amazing. Mostly I think I'd be excited not to have to share walls with strangers. Although that closet does look pretty spectacular. Sigh.... someday....

I am really relieved to hear that I'm not the only person who has a problem hanging things on the walls. I'm just not a decorator. I don't care enough to think of something to hang and then spend the money and take the time to put things up on the walls. And so they go bare. We'll call our style minimalist....contemporary... modern... clean. Something like that.

The Stones said...

I love your house, and love seeing the pictures! I can feel you about the empty space, it's a good thing we are too poor to have a big place, cuz if we did we wouldn't have anything to fill it!

megship said...

Maybe we should do some sort of trade off, and you can come and help me hang my pics and I will come and tell you your pics are hung way too high. I love you! When are we off to the zoo?!

rvasay said...

I love this house Cork----spectacular! It is really cute and it looks like it flows well. I cannot wait to see your house, Meghan's house and Brittany's house.
I will have alot to see when I get home! I love you MOM

Natalie Scott said...

Oh, that basement. I ENVY the basement with my whole heart.

Cute house!

Brooke said...

You forgot to add a picture of the room with your "pole". I agree with Jo, you need to fill those rooms up with kiddos!!

Diane said...

You are like, all grown up. Very cool.