Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween



So you might be wondering what we were for Halloween... you might not be. We're obviously Utah mormons. You can't really tell in the picture, but I've stuffed my stomach to look like I'm pregnant, ratted my hair, putting the 'Bump-it' to shame, and I have a baby taped to my leg. Josh has a BYU hat on, socks with sandles, and jean shorts on. Needless to say, our California ward got a kick out of the 'costumes.' We get sick of hearing about 'Utah mormons' and such, and so we decided to go with it and make a joke of it. They loved it. And Rip is obviously a ghost. A scary one.

The other pictures are from a week ago when we watched some friends' kids. I'm trying really hard to take more pictures and look like a good mom. So far I'm 0 for 2.

You might be wondering how old Rip is. He's 2 1/2 months old. If you feel like he's been 2 1/2 months old for at least 2 years, you're not alone. D0esn't it seem like he should be older than that? Doesn't it seem like time is standing still? Doesn't it seem like Rip shouldn't be able to open his eyes that wide? Well, he can. And he does it often. In fact, this seems to be his expression of choice. As my sister, Meg, put it, "His eyes are taller than they are wide." I'm sort of concerned.

12 comments:

Brett said...

I don't think it's any mystery where he got his eyes from. Your costumes were very creative, though I thought you were moving back to Utah. Has that changed?

Brooke said...

I love the socks and sandles get-up. And my hair doesn't rat if I tried! Love it! And and love to see a ghost like Rip around my house!!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Awww..look at that smile...I'm in love!

megship said...

Okay, I am going to be laughing about the baby taped to your leg for the next couple years. That was the funniest thing ever!!

I get mad when I see pics of Rip cause I want to adopt him. He has the cutest smile and I just pretty much worship him.

Haylee said...

Finally some pictures of Rip. He is just precious. You guys do look awesome for Halloween, that is pretty funny, and you should pull that one off while you can in CA.

cameo said...

Finally! Some pictures! And oh my goodness, you look so good. Honestly. Hopefully I'll look that good after only 2 1/2 months. Miss you!

Natalie Scott said...

K that bewildered look of Rip's is the BEST. So cute!!!

Do not wish his babyhood away! It goes too fast and he's so sweet and adorable. Try to enjoy him while he's still little, because soon he'll grow up and give you all kinds of grief you cannot yet imagine. ;) Sigh, I do love babies...

Alyssa/Jo said...

Great costume! My sister did this once and people were pretty offended. I'm glad it went well for you!

Frazier Family said...

Hey guys,

This is Mike Frazier, Elizabeth's husband.

I'm trying to get notes together for her birthday saying why we love Elizabeth.

Her birthday is Thursday, so if you can get it to me by Wednesday that would be great.

My email is frazier333@gmail.com

Thanks!

Mike

P.S. Your blog is great!

Haylee said...

Ok, I just looked at the pics again, and I can't wait to hold little baby Rip. I am going to make him smile non-stop!

Boafer Frog Face said...

Truth be told before I read your blog I figured you and Josh were going as me and Kenra...then I read about the Utah Mormon thing and had a good laugh...or would of if I could shake two of the kids currently hanging on my legs off...

Dayna said...

hahaha thats funny! i also can't believe how big he's getting! he really does look older and is so freaking cute. i love his eyes. those eyes are going to melt little girls hearts... or a married woman... like myself.