Friday, May 1, 2009

Hawaii

Before I post these pictures of Hawaii, let me just make clear that I am huge, and I'm aware that I'm huge. Feel free to drop your mouth in shock, point fingers, and spread images of my fat body all over the internet (I flatter myself in thinking that people care about my weight gains). I'm not afraid. I've come to face the facts that I will never be one of those pregnant women I see who look like they just stuffed a cantaloupe under their shirt and not in their thighs, neck, and face. Nope. I will be a swollen, puffed-up, and considerable mass. So enjoy my humiliation.

I guess I should kind of give a recap of the whole trip. Josh and I went to Maui with my brother Clark, and his girlfriend, Ashley, and stayed in my parent's condo there. It was really fun even though Ashley is skinny and I mostly hate skinny people, but I forgave her after she took on the role of chef for the week. We went snorkling and sea kayaking the first day, with a barbacue that night for dinner. Next day we went on a snorkling boat trip, and went to dinner that night at a fish restaurant, followed up by walking down Front Street and seeing the Banyon tree. The next day we went to a different bay and just hung out on the beach, with snorkling, of course. The following day we went up to the volcano, and Josh and I hiked down while Ash and Clark hiked up (now who's the smart people in this case...). The next day we went swimming on the beach and worked on not dying in the ocean. This is a brief summary to which you undoubtedly do not care, but to save myself from ever having to tell anyone what we did in Hawaii, there's the general gist of it. Now if only everyone I ever talked to read my blog...

Pic 1: Me doing the pregnant pose where you try and give everyone a shot of your big belly. I'm 6 months along. This is right after we got back from the luau that everyone said they would never want to see again.Pic 2: We went on a snorkling trip on a boat tour thing. It just happened to be the day that was windy and cold. We saw dolphins, whales, turtles, a manta ray and lots of other wonderful ocean things. We had to wear wet suits though, to get in the water. I can't figure out if I look more like a boy, or a manta ray.

Pic 3: This pretty much sums up every night for us. We would play hours upon hours of pitch, an old Asay card game. I'm pretty sure Josh and I only won one game out of the thousands we played and I'm pretty sure both Josh and I wanted to punch Ashley in the face. She just took so much pleasure in every win. It was sickening.

Pic 4: This was right before we went to dinner on Front Street (if you've been to Maui, you know where Front Street is).
Pic 5: This night, the Clark and Josh threw a football on the beach. They were thinking they were pretty manly, while others were probably wondering the 30-year old dudes were pretending to be 16.
Pic 6: This was at a fish restaurant we went to one night. Romance was in the air, especially when we asked our waiter (because he looked Hawaiian), how to best treat reef rash.
Pic 7: And the humiliation really starts. This was the first day we went snorkling and sea kayaking. That day was actually the best day of snorkling we had. It was pretty amazing, as is my maternity swimsuit.

Pic 8: This is all of us on the snorling boat when it was cold. Yup. We're kind of like the buttercream gang.

Pic 9: Another picture of me after the luau. Why is it in here? Probably because I think that lai head thing is amazing.
Pic 10: One day we went to Naapali Bay (?) and walked along the rocky coast, snorkled in the bay, and just sat on the beach. We love to smooch because we're so in love.

15 comments:

Natalie Scott said...

You look so cute! And Ashli is gorgeous...I'm assuming she's accustomed to the Asay sarcasm by now?

I love your suit...where did you get it? I need a new one that isn't blue.

rvasay said...

Courtney you do look cute! Stop grumbling! I loved the sideways picture! Ashli is very pretty indeed and it looks like alot of fun!
oooooh I love Hawaii! Thanks for sharing I love you MOM

Paige n' Kalani said...

Courtney - you wanna see gross pregnant? Look at me!!! You look cute! Good luck with everything!

Betsy Lee said...

I'm totally jealous of your trip to Hawaii! Sounds like it was a fun trip! You look great in those pictures, and I love your swimsuit!

megship said...

Court I just threw up in my mouth at the sight of your disgustingness...(I am aware that isn't a word smart people)

You really look cute and I LOVE that maternity swimsuit. If I decide to ever go in public in a swimsuit when I am prego I will have to borrow it.

I still don't think you guys had as much fun as you would have had had Ty and I come...

Alyssa/Jo said...

I loathe you too!

Frazier Family said...

Don't you love the "pregnant glow" people say exist? Retched people! I never felt a glow!! I went to Hawaii when I was about 6 months pregnant and it was fun, but I was pretty uncomfortable. You're a trooper and looked like you guys had fun!

The McEwen's said...

You look beautiful with your cute little pregnant belly. You are so funny, you don't look fat at all, but I completely understand the feeling. By the way, you crack me up every time I read your blog (especially the one about your leg cramps)!

Katie said...

Wow Court, you are pretty huge! I didn't even think people got that big. You look awesome with that head thing on, though. And good call on the maternity swimsuit. I totally tried to wear one of my old bikinis the other day. It was BAD news.

cameo said...

SOOOO incredibly jealous. And you look great, by the way.

cameo said...

Oh yeah. And I hate skinny people, too. They drive me crazy. And you are one lucky girl! Two amazing trips in the last few months. Jealous.

Chris & Carolyn said...

you are one cute prego lady. i am so happy that you got to experience heaven (aka my home). isnt it lovely. im comin out to cali next week (aka your home).

Brett said...

Courtney, you look very healthy, don't let anyone tell you different.

Brooke said...

I just got back from Maui yesterday. I was looking forward to whale watching, not the whale being watched but what do you do. Still trying to recover from the redeye flight home and kankles. I saw that suit at the store but I'm too damn cheap to by something that actually fits, so I squeezed into my old suit. I don't know when you were there but it would have totally made my day running into you on the famous Front Street.

Haylee said...

well, that trip pretty much looks ideal. wish I could have been there. It is really weird for me to see you actually pregnant. I can't get used to it. But, you are definitely doing it with style. I miss you so much!!!
Love you!
And Josh can come throw the football with jon anytime.... he still like to do the run and dive into the water action shot, so yeah....