Monday, December 20, 2010

Twin Pigs!

I thought an update is in order, since I'm due in less than two weeks and I most definitely will not be posting before then or immediately after.

I really do deserve credit for posting this picture. For Halloween (yes, two months ago), Josh was a zookeeper, Rip was a monkey, and yes, I was a pig. It seemed like such a good idea, until I went to one house and the person handing out treats was ecstatic to point out that their dog was also costumed as a pig for Halloween. I was only mildly humiliated. I have very little pride at this point and so someone telling me that my twin was an overweight bulldog has little or no impact on my self-esteem.

This is a picture of Rip 'eating' in his high chair. Rip does more throwing of food than eating, but we're currently trying to stop that. What I mean is, I tell Rip 'No, no throwing food' and he holds his arm cocked back, fist clenched around something edible, and stares me down until we hold eye contact for a minute, and then he launches whatever he was holding. He keeps eye contact throughout, curious and eager to see my reaction. Fantastic. Mealtimes are such a joy. To add insult to injury, Rip is sure to throw food on your back the second you bend down to pick up his previously discarded food. Look how happy he is about it! Bad seed.

And this picture is the two boys eating popcorn together, watching a little tv. Twins!
So I'll probably have this baby January 3rd. I don't know why I think that, but I do (I'm due Jan 1st). But I like to keep Josh on his toes so I usually call him a couple times a day and claim to have had the baby. Our conversation goes like this:

Phone Ringing...
Josh: "Hey."
Me: "Hey. Guess what? I had the baby! At the grocery store. He's so chubby!"
Josh: "Oh yeah?"
Me: "Yeah! And he told me he loves me, unlike Rip who has made it pretty clear with most of his facial expressions that he sees me only as an obstacle to keep him from having fun (i.e. tearing off tree ornaments, jumping out of the shopping cart, etc.)."

The conversations vary, but I usually pretend to have had the baby at least 3 times a day. Sometimes when we go to bed and I'm in bed reading and he's brushing his teeth, I shout out, "Agh! I had the baby! He's in our bed snuggling with me!"

9 comments:

cameo said...

Ha ha. I really hope Josh isn't falling for it. If he is, I would really have to wonder....

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is the best joke in the book, Courtney. Good one!
Also, I pretty much love the picture of Josh and Rip eating popcorn. They are the same.

megship said...

Could I please please please have those pink sweats? I know you will not wear them after you have the baby cause you will think they are too big and bulky. I love big and bulky so I will have them...tomorrow.

rvasay said...

I am trying to imagine Meghan wearing those pink sweats! I don't believe she will because of the color! Now if they were gray-------. I also love the picture eating popcorn---so cute! Didn't you have the baby in the snowstorm last night. Where was Josh when you needed him??????!!!!!

Natalie Scott said...

Why haven't you had that baby yet?? Come on, let's make it a Christmas miracle!

I love the pig. Before we were married you might recall, I dressed as Ms. Piggy for a Halloween party and made Ryan be Kermit. He's never dressed up since. I think you make a cute piggie!

Josh Robbins said...

Maybe it's triplets for the pigs. How does the one picture of me eating, have a massive popcorn kernel resting nicely on my chest. For all I know, that kernel sat there for hours.

M said...

Goodness, that's classic Courtney. I'd love to hear Josh's reaction each time you call him with that. :)

Boafer Frog Face said...

The funniest part of all of this is josh thinking he has a "chest"...says the the man with a BMI of 179.4!

Amanda Erdmann said...

Courtney--I'm glad you figured out who the card was from--I was worried you wouldn't. I also enjoy telling Alan the occasional Courtney story. Good luck with the new baby--I wanted to shoot myself after our new baby was born, but now almost two months later, I think I might just survive.