Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The devil?

I don't think this is a big surprise to most people, since most people are on facebook (I am among the elite few who consider themselves too cool for facebook), but I'm pregnant. I'm due January 1st, making me about 13 weeks. This was a huge surprise to us, but we're happy about it and will be even happier once baby #2 is no longer a newborn. Have I mentioned I dislike newborns? I know, I know. I'm guaranteed a spot in hell for saying that, and my house will probably be egged for the next few weeks (people still do that right? Sad world if they don't...), but I cannot honestly say otherwise. So take it or leave it.

But I'm finding out more and more the type of opinion people have of me (people who don't really know me) and I guess it needs to be said that I am not the devil himself. Apparently there is some confusion about that. I should clarify. I am mostly joking and am actually a well-adjusted person. I don't really hate the entire human race and I do in fact, love my husband and baby. If you lack what I consider a sense of humor and usually find yourself offended by the end of one of my blog entries, I suggest you stop reading my blog and hope and pray we never meet. I'll probably offend you some more. And probably with my fists.

My friend once told me that her friends read my blog and are always aghast at what I'm writing. I don't understand it. If you don't like it, why read it? I have stopped reading many blogs that I find nauseating and repellent. It's very simple. I just make a conscious effort to not go to their blog site. Self-control people, self-control.

Anyway, enough of that. I mostly want to talk about how if anyone knows anyone else who is also due the beginning of January or end of December, please have them contact me. I want to have the first baby of the year (year's supply of free diapers and like prizes involved), and I need to weed out the competition. I'm thinking of busing them all over to Mexico or something around the delivery time, just so they aren't in the state of Utah when it's time. After all, I undoubtedly deserve this more than anyone else. Naturally. I have to put up with all sorts of hardships and a year's worth of free diapers just might make it all worth it. Please have them email me ASAP. I already hate them.

21 comments:

Jamie and Lauren said...

Hey congrats! I find your blogging quite amusing and look forward to every post. I miss your humor in my life.

Angie said...

I barely know you but I do understand sarcasm and find your blog hilarious. I love it! The people who are offended are taking things a little too seriously. Oh and congrats about #2! You'll be so happy that they're so close in age cause they'll be friends growing up. I hope I have kids close together.

Shelli said...

ALL of my friends read your blog and LOVE it. That's because I have cool friends.

I wonder if my blog is nauseating to you. Probably.

Also, you are still welcome to drop said newborn off at my place and I will return said baby at the age where you will start to love it like a mother should. I love newborns.

You're running out of days to play, because I know this summer is going to be super busy for you. So.... lunch? Sometime. Please.

Jesse and Kimmie said...

I'm pretty sure that my blog is one of the blogs that makes you sick. but for the record, i love to read yours. Congrats on baby #2 :)

Betsy Lee said...

Congrats on baby #2!!! My first two were 16 months apart, and it was a little challenging at first, but now I love that they're so close together in age! That's really cool that it'll be due on January 1st! I'm grateful to inform you that I am not pregnant nor am I do at that time, so don't make any attempt at my life. ;)

The Stones said...

Congrats! You are one of my favorite reads, keep it up!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby #2!! Sometimes I try and stalk your house, but I can never find it. I keep looking for the house with no grass on airport drive... I need to work on my stalking skills I guess.

Kristyn Elise said...

Yay! Congrats! I LOVE your blog. It always makes my day!

Natalie Scott said...

Ah well, we Asays always seem to offend. Such is life for us. :) Sad, sad people who don't understand us and can't appreciate the humor.

I think Rip is going to be VERY thankful to have a sibling he can play with. Call me, we need to catch up before I get there, like, SUNDAY!!!

Anjanette said...

hahaha.

Stupid people.
Really. why don't they just stop reading if they hate it so much.

I have yet to be offended by your posts, by the way.

Congrats on the pregnancy. I'm due in Jan, too. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?! I'm only 10 weeks. Not really telling anyone. But I figure that since we only have one friend in common, I don't need to worry much about you gabbing my news all over town nor do I need to worry that friends will find out this way. Anyway. Good luck with the whole first baby born in 2011 thing. 01/01/11 would be an awesome birthday!

Brett said...

I also am not the biggest fan of infants, whether they're mine or other people's. Strangers or family or my own. But I don't carry them around inside of me for 9 months and then feed them 6 to 12 times a day after their born. I generally sleep through their midnight and 3 a.m. scream fests as well. Maybe you are a little bit off, or maybe, just maybe, you're smarter than most people.

Alyssa/Jo said...

You get free stuff if you have the first baby of the year!?! I'll make sure I plan my babies around that special treat.

I have to say that Brooke's comment is the best. HAHAHA!

P.S. I'm mad you aren't playing indoor anymore. So you're pregnant, big deal!!

Chelsea said...

good luck on your free diaper quest.. ill send over the 47 girls in my ward that are pregnant and due is january so that you can start sending them to mexico!
ps- i linked to you on my post about our blind blogger date meeting. i hope that makes you happy.

Brooke said...

Court! Congrats on baby#2!! Maybe this one will be easier than the last! I am so happy for you! and yes I LOVE your blog and sense of humor. You never disappoint!

megship said...

I happen to be offended by your very existence....

Welcome to the world of offending people. I offend people everyday so I just stick to a few select friends that I know I don't have to tip toe around and dont' lie about their lives all the time, and I do just fine. Just hang out with me all day...forever.

Haylee said...

i think that people can't stop reading it because it has the same effect as the holocaust, they are horrified by it, yet need to learn more.

I, on the other hand, am opposite and not only make a conscious effort not to offend people, but to please them. I think that is a much worse predicament than being the offender.

And you always have and always will make me laugh. I wonder if my growing up with you has made me incapable of being offended by others? well for that, I thank you.

Renee said...

I love the entire Asay family - your humor totally cracks me up! Congrats on another baby! How fun that your mom will be back and settled by then!

Dayna said...

who is this "friend" you speak of?

M said...

Well apparently myself and my family are all sick and twisted and greatly look forward to your blog entries. Keep 'em coming! On another note, congratulations!

diane said...

Whoa! Now, maybe this is too personal to write on you blog - but, how exactly was this a surprise? :) I'd love to hear about it.

Boafer Frog Face said...

You were kidding?!?! Oh man, now that I know who and what you truly are and how you truly feel...I just do not think I can ready your blog anymore...good natured...blah...more booty short short slams for real!